FSX fails to pick up files

Wigster

I am using FSX SP2,  on Windows 10. Having downloaded the AU and YSCB files, and directed FSX to use them in its options, there is no change to the scenery. Is this a hardware problem? Should the files have been downloaded to a particular directory? Help appreciated.

Sorry to be a stickler for the rules but that order number you've posted comes back with a message can't be found.

I'll have to let one of the admins check the status of that order number and proceed if it is valid.

Cheers

Thanks for finding the order number Nick. Only the receipt number was shown on the receipt.

By the Orbx libraries I take it you mean the 'scenery" and "texture" files downloaded. I transferred those from the directory they went to (I forget which it was, but unrelated to FSX) to the "Add on scenery" subdirectory of the FSX directory. When that didn't work I tried transferring them to the "Scenery" and "Texture" sub-directories. No difference.

I have ticked "Add-on Scenery" on FSX's scenery directory and given "FTXAA_ORBXLIBS" first priority.

I think what I'm seeing is vanilla FSX, but can't be sure that there are no elements from the Orbx files present.

Hope that helps.

Perhaps another clean download, if Orbx permits?

Regards,

Hello,

The libraries are the ORBX libraries, required by every product to work.

Most FTX files are placed by FTX Central into a folder named ORBX

inside the simulator root folder.

FTX Central will then write scenery library entries pointing to those

locations.

If the files are moved, or the scenery library entries changed, the scenery

will not work.

Thanks Nick.

I've found the ORBX directory, but since the scenery files did not work before I tried placing them in the FSX subdirectories it is hard to see that move as the cause of the problem.

Some download info from Orbx would be helpful.

Regards,

Have reinstalled from FTX and now have many more FTX files recognised in FSX's directory, and many more objects on the airfield. Further work needed on the textures.

Thanks for the manual.

Cheers,

Archived