sydney terminal buildings

vadriver

team

i use fsx standard with AU Blue...performing as I hoped except I am not seeing domestic or international terminal buildings with any view !

melbourne & canberra & regionals are okay.

turning off ftx mode does not help.

I also get a dialogue message/s when loading fsx, namely "SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery Area.010 / .101 /  .107 / .112. Click OK to continue".

I continue & all looks fine except as above.

any clues ?

cheers

Hi barondriver,

actually, those scenery library errors are not a good sign. What they mean is that there are entries in your scenery library of which the actual folders don't exist anymore. Did you delete or move add-on folders without removing or adjusting the corresponding scenery library entries?

The higher numbers might not be an issue but the Area.010 is odd because that's one of the default scenery areas (though not Australia).

Perhaps zip up a copy of your active scenery.cfg (with XP it's in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX, not sure what the equivalent VISTA folder would be) and attach it to your reply so I can have a closer look at it.

As for the YSSY terminals; if they arean't visible then you must have an active exclude. Did you ever have a custom add-on for Sydney?

Cheers, Holger

I found to get the International terminal at Sydney I had to push Scenery Complexity to the maximum, at the far right end of the slider.

Otherwise I had aircraft parked on a clear tarmac.

I have a high end rig, but the maximum complexity slider means I have to move autogen in the other direction.  Or reduce AI.  Maybe the designers have required too high a performance level for most computers, or need to take another look at reducing the CPU task by doing some re-working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

when you post a reply you should have the "Additional Options" function directly below the text window. That's where you can add attachments etc.

Cheers, Holger

holger

as before, i am not being offered an "attachment option" as you indicated - somehow it is not enabled for my membership (?) as conditioned in the Help pages below.

Attachments

If enabled, this feature allows you to attach files to your posts in much the same way as most email clients, so you simply have to browse to the relevant file(s) on your computer before clicking Post. You can delete your attachment(s) or add more by modifying your post, but please note that:

The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator(s).

Although most forums are likely be configured to display attached images as part of the post, it's not possible to preview attachments so you should always browse to and attach your files just before you finally post your message

cheers

john

Archived