ORBX airport with P3D default airport conflict

kimizonghong

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, Smudger said:

Good to hear, time to enjoy the scenery.

Hey Smudger:

Thanks your solution last time. But I still have the same issue. 

The problem with double buildings shown in all ORBX airports (ORBX and default buildings). My settings are shown below

image.png.21b215d6561e35a012219ff56a93e1a3.png

I have FTX products installed:

image.png.6470a4255e05f4c47cca8170827fc4ca.png

image.png.949b01ea3ffd222bf67cd56dae2e6b25.png

And my P3D seetings:

image.png.8a02fd58f58f77e2a070013c996b2d47.png

image.png.8a9cda1417c7c5c87f8e88a4eb676fb9.png

I tried couple times on FTX settings, but still doesn't work.

Thanks

Hello,

You have OpenLC EU ticked in your scenery library but it is not shown as installed in your products, KSEA is 3rd party and should be above FTX entries.

I cannot see an entry for ObjectFlow in your scenery library, it should be ticked and again in FTXCentral settings.

5 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello,

You have OpenLC EU ticked in your scenery library but it is not shown as installed in your products, KSEA is 3rd party and should be above FTX entries.

I cannot see an entry for ObjectFlow in your scenery library, it should be ticked and again in FTXCentral settings.

Hey Smudger:

Thanks very much for your answer. I tried your instructions, but still nor really clear how to operate in FTX central. 

image.png.4eedc5c456d85a317d5b27d58dde8e34.png

This is the settings I currently have. I have FSDT airports and flightbeam airports, and several other third party airports installed in my sim. 

image.png.9f2f40636a40344b24a0373c6b52047a.png

image.png.3d240f046d15ac761dbc397ab51278c7.png

I'm nor really clear how to set the correct order in FTX central, still trying to familiar with this system.

If you can provide some specific steps, that'll be great!

Thanks again for your answer.

Hello,

In your opening post you mention that ESSA Arlanda is one of the affected airports, it requires at least FTX Global Base pack, openLC EU would improve on that.

Are KSAN, KBZN, KJAC still affected or are they displaying correctly now ?

Hello,

As you have the four Open LC entries already, it is evident that you already have FTX Global Base.

Adding the full Open LC Europe will not help you at all with your current problem.

The actual ESSA airport does not require FTX Global Base in order to work correctly but it will

blend much better with your  FTX Global Base textures than it would with default textures.

Please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file to your next post.

C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\scenery.cfg.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

As you have the four Open LC entries already, it is evident that you already have FTX Global Base.

Adding the full Open LC Europe will not help you at all with your current problem.

The actual ESSA airport does not require FTX Global Base in order to work correctly but it will

blend much better with your  FTX Global Base textures than it would with default textures.

Hey Nick,

I'm sorry for this late reply because I went to a trip and just coming back.

I still have the same problem with all ORBX airports and some 3rd party airports. I think the problem is still due to the right order of FTX entries. I'm totally lost on this issue.

I have the global base, global vector, libraries, and openLC North America, and all North America region product installed. 

I was trying to set right order on Vector Configurator, but I'm really have no idea what the right order is. 

I just attached the cfg, and thanks very much for help.

Best

Chen

scenery.cfg

On 2/2/2018 at 8:23 AM, Smudger said:

Hello,

In your opening post you mention that ESSA Arlanda is one of the affected airports, it requires at least FTX Global Base pack, openLC EU would improve on that.

Are KSAN, KBZN, KJAC still affected or are they displaying correctly now ?

Hello:

I"m not sure for what the ESSA require, but it was normal and perfectly shown before. I don't know what I did wrong on FTX configurator, now all the ORBX airports shows double buildings and very slow loading when I start the flight.

This issue happens in every ORBX airports and some 3rd airports within ORBX region. 

I'm looking for a help for the "right order" to put in the FTX insertion points.

Thanks very much!

Chen

On 2/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hey Nick:

I also found, on my FTX Central, the order of insertion point shows this:

image.png.17dec98cfc8a4e488da00fc102c029f6.png

But in my P3D, the scenery order shows this:

image.png.c67d693c3dcae7432b711c14069b31bf.png

image.png.406f17bef13f045cd4708fb2c406a150.png

The default scenery and terrain shows in the very last of this list, but in my scenery.cfg, it shows:

image.png.7d51341d5bfe76db2083d33f87c9f8aa.png

The default terrain and scenery shows at the top. That's really confused.

Hop these information can hlep. 

Thanks very much!

Chen

image.png

Hello,

the scenery.cfg file is an "upside down" version of the in-game scenery library.

This is normal.

Your scenery.cfg file that you attached shows the FTX entries in the wrong place.

I have corrected this and attached the file.

However, you will need to revisit the Insertion Point tool and set it correctly.

Untitled.jpg

This should correct the problems you reported at KSAN, KBZN and KJAC.

It will have no effect at ESSA which is clearly not installed.

scenery.cfg

Archived