Vector AEC-Tool fails to finish scanning

Rio

I don't speak English so a friend of mine supported me with the translation.

I already posted my problem in the German forum but up to now there was no solution.
At this time I don't see any alternative than to try here (this is no offense against the German forum, just a call for help):
I'm running P3Dv4 on Windows10, latest updates. I installed VECTOR and other Orbx software successfully. Insertions point are set correctly.
My problem: after starting "Run Auto-Configuration" tool AEC is failing to finish scanning. I waited about 30 minutes but scanning is still going on ... I did that process several times meanwhile, still bad luck.

Additionally I uninstalled Vector and did a complete successful reinstall but the problem still exists. I also did a complete new Orbx library installation (Orbxlibs 180101)
And, what is very strange, I don't get any error message, not even in the Windows event manager, AEC is scanning endlessly.
My computer specs are in my signature.

I need some advice, please, to solve this problem.

Hello,

so far, the topic referred to has revealed that the simulator was not installed to a root folder.

In other words, it was installed to J:\ and not J:\P3D.

The Vector control panel and a great deal of other software does not work correctly unless

the simulator has a root folder.

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

so far, the topic referred to has revealed that the simulator was not installed to a root folder.

In other words, it was installed to J:\ and not J:\P3D.

The Vector control panel and a great deal of other software does not work correctly unless

the simulator has a root folder.

Thanks :)  there's a way to correct this without reinstalling? 

I answer on behalf of RIO-Rainer who initiated the problem in the first posting above.

I definitely know that he has installed his P3Dv4 in

D:\Prepar3D v4

All of his other Orbx-software runs without any problem, also the associated control panels.

My problem has been solved.

Just followed your advice and I found 2 uncomplete paths in my registry that were not correctly refering to the "Prepare3D v4" main folder.

After correcting the AEC-tool scanned without problems and finished.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Archived