Uninstalling SoCal leaves FTX Global and OpenLC NA not looking like they originally did prior to install

Rob Ainscough

I've notice that after uninstalling SoCal Region, FTX Global and OpenLC NA seem to get "corrupted" (bad choice of words, but randomly mix/match of tiles where some tiles look like they are form SoCal region and other tiles look like they are from FTX Global and other part of OpenLC NA).

The only way I've been able to resolve the problem is to uninstall both FTX Global, OpenLC NA and then re-install FTX Global and OpenLC NA to get back to my original state before installing SoCal region.

Could someone provide more detail information as to what exactly the "Uninstall" option (from FTX Central) of SoCal should be doing so I can verify?

Cheers, Rob.

Hello,

I was intrigued by your comment 

what about all the Autogen files (default/descriptions)?

the SoCal installer modifies those files, but doesn't remove it's modifications on uninstall?

I installed Southern California into an empty folder and these are the files that it adds.

Untitled.jpg

Then I uninstalled it, using the FTX Central uninstaller.

I was left with a number of folders, all empty except for this one.

Untitled.jpg

These textures take up 3.5 mb of disk space.

I can see nothing to support your assertion that there are changes made to the autogen files.

Hi Nick,

I'll need to keep digging to replicate exactly.  But something seems to be left behind that's causing issues my side.

Steps to replicate:

1.  Start with a clean slate, fresh P3D V4.1 install

2.  Install FTX Global, Libraries, FTX OpenLC NA, and FTX OpenLC EU, FTX Vector

3.  Run Vector AutoConfiguration and Apply

4.  Fly out of KCCR and note terrain tiles (all good)

5.  Install NorCal Region

6.  Run Vector AutoConfiguration and Apply

7.  Fly out of KCCR and note terrain tiles (all good)

8.  Uninstall NorCal Region

9.  Run Vector AutoConfiguration and Apply

10.  Fly out of KCCR and note terrain tiles (not the same as step 4)

My terrain tiles and some of the buildings are no longer the same at they were in Step 4 (above), I see what looks like parts of NorCal region and parts of FTX Global and parts of OpenLC NA.  

Cheers, Rob.

Archived