[England] Large block of forestry next to Dartmoor in south west England

tomvid

Hi,

Directly on the western edge of Dartmoor in south west England (for the avoidance of confusion it's the dark green square patch just right of centre shot) there is a large square block of forestry landclass that does not exist at all in real life.

Dartmoor.png

Just one other thing. The runway in Guernsey slopes down from east to west in real life, 303 feet elevation at the west end and 334 at the east end but it is flat in the sim.

Hi Tomvid,

Yes, you are right. This area is on my home patch, in fact under the flight path of my first solo as a student pilot! 

As you may have read elsewhere in the forums Orbx land-class places tiles in approximate relation to the expected scenery, and therefore if you are used to flying over this area vfr you'll see that although Tavistock town (to the immediate south of the 'forest' is more or less accurately placed, with the river Dart correctly snaking through it thanks to Orbx vector, there are anomalies like the golf  course; the factory block spanning the river etc etc.

To achieve a reasonable  level of realism over the whole country (nay continent) this is the compromise. Its so much better than default however!

You might like to read John Venema's Orbx 2018 Roadmap post in the general discussion section - sounds like you would enjoy the photoreal package in development!

Some Orbx runways are sloped, using some clever alchemy by the devs, but EGJJ is not one of them.

I'm sure someone will add the POI lighthouse to a list of requests for the future.

Andy

Hi Gents,

Brentor was messing the area. As there is no more SP for England, here's the fix. Just paste and replace it into \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery  from the root directory.

Let me know if it's fine for you.

cvxSP005_01.BGL

30 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Just to be sure....can you confirm that this patch is for Full Region England and FSX (SP1+2).

Regards Fred

Yes, we are talking about FTX England. The patch is available for both FSX/P3D

Archived