Happy Thanksgiving...

Jay Kae

Well I am not American but I do live here so thanks Jay,  not really my holiday so I usually eat with the family and then go to work so the other guys on my department can spend the day with their families.  My anniverasry is 4th of July so they usually look after me that day!

lots of turkeys are heading for the heavens these days  ............................................. ;D

Happy Thanksgiving to our US of A friends!!

We have a bird here in Australia called the 'scrub turkey' which looks like a half size domestic turkey, but without the gobble - gobble - gobble repertoire, which wanders wild  in both bush and suburbia, scraping up leaves for a mound of compost in which sundry attractive females lay their eggs, a territorial male keeping the mound at egg hatching temperature by beak testing and scratching more or less leaves as required.

The reason they are so prolific (ie not wiped out) is that the only way to cook them is by boiling with a largish stone. When the stone is soft you throw out the turkey and eat the stone. Probably the reason why us antipodians don't celebrate Thanksgiving.  ;)

Archived