Scenery.cfg error

magic1

Will FTX recognize an older copy of FSX is missing scenery files and reload them?

My issue is that I somehow corrupted my active copy of FSX. It was getting fatal ui.dll errors on start-up. I tried a couple of remedies that failed to correct the problem, so I tried the FSX repair disk. The repair disk got it started, but it didn’t run correctly.

Fortunately I have a backup copy of FSX which runs perfectly, it’s just a little out of date with respect to my recent ORBX scenery purchases.

Here is the drive setup:

E: FSX (active copy not working – FTX points to this location)

F: FSX (complete backup copy working but out of sync with ORBX installs)

Here is a sample of the error message from the “out of sync” copy of FSX:

ErrMSG.jpg.93d5db7dea198679f219d992bcfff1e7.jpg

I was thinking of just over-writing the broken FSX on drive “E” with the good copy from drive “F”, based on the assumption FTX would find the missing scenery and flag it as “not installed”. Then I could just reload from FTX. Will this work? Is there a better way?

Any advice would be appreciated. My P-51 only works in FSX…

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Scenery.cfg error

Hello,

FTX Central will only recognise what is in the Versions folder text files.

Your scenery library error messages will also tell you what is missing.

For example, the one in your image is telling you that the Germany South files are missing.

You should install all your products again because not all the files are in the ORBX folder.

You can most easily do this by deleting the text files for those that have one, ideally one at a time.

FTX Central will then fill in the gaps.

The others, you should install from scratch.

Archived