Flying, the real thing can be dangerous

Benny

we fly behind a computer, it help, but some years ago as a pilot I had to crash my 172 into trees (1989)

This video remind me of that crash. I wonder some time why I did like to fly, also why i like simulator,  wow I saw my life fading away that day.

Just trying to say that real life flying is no joke my good ORBX friend.

I can't explain my post tonight my friend, just that after I saw that video... it made me shivers.

I just wonder some day how far is simulation VS reality, As a pilot I would say it's damn close now!

Ben

I did 2000hrs as a GA pilot, and it is never a joke.  You must be alert at all times, and the unexpected like windshear beneath tree lines can be very testing.  Flying is the greatest of thrills and pleasures, but managing a machine in 3D is a learned skill.  I'm with Benny, although I was fortunate never to bend one.

Awesome video.  I still love the Cat video - the pilot lands the plane so smoothly and cat is fine.

Some crazy flying in these videos that I had never seen before.  Yeah, lot of planning, skill and practice is needed at all times.  In real life we do not have a Pause button or Ctrl+E for engines for the aircraft. 

Archived