Unafcaded strips. For those who don't know.

jgruschow

When you land at an unmarked strip just hit your semi-colon key. This will bring up the "save" page. Enter the name of the strip and "save", then you can then always go back there.

While sitting on the strip, open your GPS and click on "NRST". This will bring up the names and headings and distance to the 5 nearest afcaded fields.  To fly here again just add or subtract 180* from the bearing and you have a track and distance back here again.

I'm still looking for an EASY way to save flights  between two or more unafcaded strips. In fs9 we had an excellant program for doing this. "FSNavigator"  Unfortunately it won't work in fsx.

Always looking for the easy way.

• 3 months later...

without being too pathetic, I think that it would not be too difficult for Freeware 1.xxx to in fact have AFCADs that are properly registered.  Yes mods I know that it is not this site any longer, but even makers of fictitious North American airstrips get them into the FSX database.

I really don't think the next iteration should be so simplistic.

without being too pathetic, I think that it would not be too difficult for Freeware 1.xxx to in fact have AFCADs that are properly registered.  Yes mods I know that it is not this site any longer, but even makers of fictitious North American airstrips get them into the FSX database.

I really don't think the next iteration should be so simplistic.

Ian,

All official Orbx freeware airports will have ACFADs and be in the FSX database. If you wish comment on the OZx freeware airports please visit their forums where you can provide them with constructive feedback.

Archived