Nick, Doug help please.

JimNZ

First of all I apologise to Nick.  I can remember seeing the migration tool but where  I don't know, tried the search but that didn't help either.

Now down to the guts of my problem.  Since I've had my new computer some 8-9 months ago now, I could turn all the settings to max and there was no problem anywhere.  It was a joy.  I haven't done anything to the computer except a couple of days ago I installed a new controller. I had an ancient joystick, it was that old the name had rubbed off,  and  installed a fancy new one called Saitek X52 HOTAS given to me by the grandkids at Xmas (they threw the old one out saying it was an embarrassment)

(Could it have changed the drivers somehow?) but now I have black squares about every third building in Innsbruck.  I changed the scenery, and picked something not as involved namely Aeropelican.  Now I have a line just in front of the aircraft's nose.  These are big black squares, about a dozen of them.  I changed the scenery settings making doubly sure the mesh Res was set to 5. Tried the neighbour's old joystick, no change.  So obviously something has changed within the settings, do you think that's possible.

Something came to mind.  If that migration is with AEC within FTX GLOBAL Vector, can I uninstall the FGV and download a fresh one.  I must mention though, how do I uninstall it when everything is greyed out.:(

Dear oh dear, what a mess.  Help please as I wouldn't know where to start.

Jim

Hi Jim, Happy New Year!

I would love to be able to help, but I must confess, I am also struggling on figuring out where to start.  :):)

The "Force Migration" option is located at the bottom on FTX Central 3 settings page, if it is grayed out then you can uninstall and reinstall FTX Central using the below instructions.

Please also refresh my memory, which sim are you using?

Or is it Vector you are looking to uninstall and reinstall?

Cheers

Doug

Thank you Doug.  The Sim is FSX, by the way no problems with AFS2.  Good, I know where to find the force migration thanks. AEC, I believe is within FTX Global Vector.  

I thought if I uninstalled FTX Global Vector and then re-installed a fresh one maybe, just maybe, I might get AEC back again.  It's totally useless now as the control panel is it, is completely greyed out. I'll try the force migration in the morning as I don't want to make any mistakes and make the job harder than what it is. Just re-read your post Doug, there's no problem with FTX Central v3.

I appreciate what you are trying to do Doug.

Hi Jim

Ok, you can uninstall and reinstall Vector by using the below method.

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.  

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Then reinstall from FTX Central v3.

Cheers

Doug

Excellent, thanks Doug.

However, the major problem remains.  If I miss flying in FSX for a couple of days it's like having my throat cut, miss it to hi-heaven, that makes me an addict I believe.

Maybe the York terrier can grip this in his teeth and suggest an answer.  I believe even the makers learn from him and I mean Boeing etc.;)

Jim

Doug.

Thank you for your help in deleting FTX Global Vector.  I have done that and taken out the files as directed except I could not find 

FTX_Global_Vector_Pack.txt there was however a FTX_Global_Base_Pack.txt  but did not touch it as it wasn't the same as you wrote.

Now, I have checked and Vector has gone, but I cannot re-download it unless I put it into the cart and pay for it again.  I actually tried that but pulled out again, I didn't want to make more trouble, so how do you get it free ?

With the back squares, I see Nick wrote an article about how to get rid of them about a year ago, one of the instruction being to buy an item off

FTX which is what I'll do tomorrow, as I have to get out of here now, the grandkids are getting ready for bed.  What day do they leave:)

Jim.

Hi Jim

For the black squares have a look at the below topic.

If you have purchased Vector in the past then it should be in your account and visible in your FTX Central, please have a closer look under the Global Range of products in FTXC3. Or you could also PM me your email that you use for your Orbx Direct account and I could have a look?

Hope you are enjoying your grandkids! Maybe you should also get them addicted to flight simming. :)

Cheers

Doug

Archived