Problems with Northern California and Global FTX generally

KYarham

Hello there.

My receipt number is 5a44fc0468d99 for Northern California and 5a44d4bee3bf1 for FTX GLobal.  

I'm having difficulty with my newly purchased Northern California scenery add-on. Receipt number : 5a44fc0468d99. I'm using FSX Steam Edition. Unfortunately, my San Francisco Airport runway is now sunk into the ground and I have doubled autogen objects overlapping such as the Golden Gate and other bay bridges. I'm also getting graphical glitches with lines going up into the air. I do not have any other payware scenery which could be clashing with it so not sure what I'm doing wrong? I've attached some screenshots to show the problem. I have FTX Global installed and that's it. Many thanks in advance for your help.

I've also got very low autogen draw distances with FTX Global in general despite having all settings at Maximum. This means autogen objects are constantly appearing just in front of me when close to the ground which is very visually unpleasing. NIght time lights also don't stretch far into the distance so the night flying experience isn't great. I can also see default FSX tiles in the distance when flying over large continental areas which are much brighter than the Orbx FTX Global tiles. Again spoils the visual look for me. 

This is my very first experience with Orbx so hopefully these teething troubles can be resolved. 

Many thanks in advance for your help

Kenny

20171228145457_1.jpg

20171228160745_1.jpg

20171228161050_1.jpg

20171228162454_1.jpg

20171228204011_1.jpg

Hello,

These types of error can be because the scenery library entries are incorrectly ordered.

Assuming that you have already installed the Orbx libraries, please visit the FTX Central settings page.

Use the Insertion Point tool to set the FTX icon at the top of your scenery library and the FTX icon just below it.

Click on Save.

Thank you for the replies

Fortunately I have managed to resolve the doubled bridges by uninstalling and reinstalling the Northern California scenery. The sunken San Fran airport I managed to resolve by overlaying some freeware, which I managed to find off Avsim. 

I haven't been able to recreate the lines going up into the sky yet. 

The only real outstanding issue I have now and need assistance with is the old FSX default tiles which I can still see on the horizon anywhere in the world - particularly noticeable at 30,000 ft and above. I've attached another screenshot to show this. I'm not sure why this would be an 'ordering of scenery' issue as surely FTX Global just overlays the whole world in one go rather than loading up individual tiles so that ones in the distance don't render? I also want to increase my draw distance for autogen objects as they tend to load up right in front of the aircraft including the lights at night, which doesn't give the impression of flying over a big city. Generally, I must say that once the autogen street lights etc aren't rendering at 30,000 ft, looking down on the world seems very dark to me. Wish there was a bit more brightness and general ambient glow to the cities to pick out the urban patterns at night. The previous 20171228124357_1.thumb.jpg.aa7626793537d18d0746bdcf5326e9ee.jpgnight time screenshot I uploaded shows this well. 

For reference my computer details are below:

RAM: 16GB

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 

System Type: 64 Bit

Windows 10 Home

Graphics Card: Nvidia GEForce GTX-1060 GTX VR Ready

FSX Version: Steam Edition

Many thanks for your help. 

Archived