Migrated Scenery problem

freded

Hi,

Since installing NZWR and running the Migration tool, I am finding that Scenery Config Editor is showing 9 errors - all of which are ORBX products. The errors don't occur for all ORBX scenery, just to some of them. The errors are either "Path is non-unique" (6) or "Path does not exist" (3).

I have checked that the 'not existing' paths are in fact present and correct. And I cannot see why some paths are described as 'non-unique'.

Further, NZWR Whangerei airport is not appearing properly in FSX. Just the runways, parking and AI aircraft are visible, but no airport buildings. NZWR is one of the scenery areas that is described as "Path does not exist".

Has anyone some idea why this is happening? I have had quite a lot of experience with FSX's Scenery.cfg and Scenery Config Editor, but have never encountered errors like this before.

Cheers,

Mark

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Mark

Have you tried the below process from within the Scenery Config Editor? I believe the below option is found under the Edit\Preferences tab.

SCE4.png

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

I tried  what you suggested and it got rid of the "Path does not exist"  errors. And now I have the full scenery for Whangarei

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Mark

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

for there to be a "path is non-unique" message, there must be two entries,

therefore the problem is with only three, the duplicates.

If you also have three paths to non existent scenery, try deleting

them first and all nine errors may well go away.

Hii Nick,

I did a proper search for the "path is non-unique" files , which were ORBX_NA_PNW_SCENERY, etc, and found three duplicates in the Scenery.cfg. Deleted them and  - problem solved!

I had originally installed them some time ago and they were a long way from my NZ files in Scenery.cfg

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Mark

• 1 year later...

Archived