ESSA No Runway Lights

JETROTOR

Hey,

I assume that you are running the latest version of FTX ESSA, updated and installed via FTX Central with Orbxlibs installed.

For P3D runway lights are controlled by default lighting system for runways. I would guess that maybe you have a conflicting ESSA file running. If you are running MyTraffic for example it places an updated ESSA ADE file that will cause issues with our version. The ADE-file decides stuff like where the taxiways and parkings are and also runway lights.

So first of all I would check 1) check the insertion point of your ORBX products in the scenery library stack, this can be accessed and decided in FTX Central  2) do you have any conflicting ESSA-files running? make a search for ESSA in the p3d-folder and check if there are files that are not in the ORBX folder.

If this doesnt work, please post both a daytime and nighttime screenshot of the airport. It might be other issues that we might pick up that can lead us in the right direction,

Thank you,

Marcus

Thanks for the quick reply Marcus

I assume that you are running the latest version of FTX ESSA, updated and installed via FTX Central with Orbxlibs installed -Yes

If you are running MyTraffic for example it places an updated ESSA ADE file that will cause issues with our version -  No, do not have My Traffic installed

1) check the insertion point of your ORBX products in the scenery library stack, this can be accessed and decided in FTX Central - FTX file(s) are at the top...openLC entries are further down below. 

2) do you have any conflicting ESSA-files running? I have no conflicts. All seems to load ok or nothing crashes

* make a search for ESSA in the p3d-folder and check if there are files that are not in the ORBX folder - No files reside outside the ORBX folder 

Attached are the two pic you request.....One thing I like to note is the runway lights further down the runway fade away as I get closer respectively, this may point to a clue!

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I'll attach one file, just replace the one you have in the ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery folder.

Also check so you have the following files in the FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery folder:

- Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.XML (note that it should say XML and not .OFF)

- ESSA_LIB_GRD_P3D.BGL

There should be no files named: 

- ESSA_GRD_FSX_GLOBAL.BGL

- ESSA_GRD_FSX_NORWAY.BGL

Only reason I can think of right now would be that you for some reason got some incorrect files during the installation for some reason. Do you happen to run FSX as well?

I'll ask around a bit and see if I can get other possible reasons.

Can you add your P3D settings as well?

ESSA_APX.bgl

Hi Marcus

I installed the file you provided....no change

I don't have FSX installed in my system....no files are named according

- ESSA_GRD_FSX_GLOBAL.BGL

- ESSA_GRD_FSX_NORWAY.BGL

I also verified the following files:

- Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.XML (note that it should say XML and not .OFF)...extension is Blank, however, If I give and extension ".XML" the runway light come but all runway light and taxi are out of alignment.

My passed experience with taxi and runway light being out is installing a different version P3D such as (v2 with Aerosoft product)

I've re-installed the ESSA again and problem still no runway Lights

- ESSA_LIB_GRD_P3D.BGL  - File is present

Note:

I have Orbx LOWI installed and I have no issues

P3D version I'm running is version 3 

Hello,

if the extension is "blank", do you perhaps have "hide extensions for known file types"

still selected in your Windows File Explorer view settings?

If so, you will have renamed the file Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.XML

to Orbx_ESSA_PLC_GP_P3D_NOR_Objectflow.XML.XML.

Hello guys

First, I just want say thank you for quick response, I really appreciate the support!

I rename the file with a single/double .XML extension and the lights come, however, in the case the runway and taxi lights throughout the airport are out of alignment and the runways  taxi ways appear to look haze.

The current version of P3D in my system, don't know of any versions higher or updates to ver. 3 unless I switch to V4

Hey again,

Glad you appreciate the support! I'm sorry we haven't been able to track down the issue yet though.

I just checked the latest P3D v3 and it seems to be 3.4.22.

Some people had a few issues with the ground if they weren't running the latest P3Dv3 version. 

If you wouldn't mind, I would recommend you updating to the latest version and see if that works better. 

Please remember that if you choose to only update the Client, and not the full Prepar3d v3 package, you should be able to maintain all your present addons etc. As I'm not part of the Lockheed Martin team I will not promise anything though, but to my experience it was quite easy to update as long as you stick to the Client (which is the most important part). There are guides online on how to proceed, have a look at them and report back if the update solved the issue.

Archived