Vector cancelled by EU IRELAND

carlalgu

Hi all.

I have installed Base, Vector, Europe LC, trees and EU IRELAND. After attempts,  changes... now my Irish scenery looks really great.  Moreover,  I detected from first test some much obvious errors on coastline, missed islands, tunnels... that I expected Vector would not do. Yesterday I was doing some tests, and I realised that all those defects dissappear if EU Ireland scenario is disconnected!  So, it looks like Vector is doing its job but Eu Ireland (what improves all the rest) is ruining it.  How can I fix it, taking profit of both addons? 

Thanks,

Carles

My details:

- FSX Steam Edition, with REX 4.

- my Orbx receipts Id. 5a00483614a8c   and    5a1de587cf9ec: Base, Vector,  trees, Europe 

LC and Ireland

-My Computer details:

Laptop Toshiba Satellite (2015). 

Graph card AMD Radeon R7 M260, and Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Processor Itel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM 8,00 GB; HDD 1TB

Windows 10 Home. Processor and S.O. 64 bits

Hello Nick,

Please, find attached a pdf of 4 pages. On each one, up is how it looks with IRL active, and below, the same landscape, with IRL off (keeping LC Europe and Vector on). Of course, with IRL on, the surface detail is much nicer, and it matches so much with how it is like. But about all what Vector should be in charge, it's worse.

- In the first page, you will see Cork harbor as seen from the West side. The coastline is quite different (more real on second picture without IRL) but overall, you will see the two islands in the center of the harbor. On page 2 the same from a little closer, where the coast detail differences and the islands are more evident.

- On next page, what are two different islands (Fota Island and Great Island), with IRL on appears as the same land, while on the second picture (IRL off) the channel of water between both is showed (that's the correct).

- On the last one, what is called Jack Lynch Tunnel, with IRL on appears as a road crossing the sea, while with IRL off, it appears as a tunnel, and the coastline and inland patches of water are much more precise.

Then Nick, are you telling that "that's normal"? Do I have to choose from a precise mesh or precise features? Then, is Vector useless when an FTX region is installed? Shouldn't the region include at less the same level of precision than the one of Vector (that is global)?

Thanks for your assistance and by the way: Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

Carles

My details:

- FSX Steam Edition, with REX 4.

- my Orbx receipts Id. 5a00483614a8c   and    5a1de587cf9ec: Base, Vector,  trees, Europe 

LC and Ireland

-My Computer details:

Laptop Toshiba Satellite (2015). 

Graph card AMD Radeon R7 M260, and Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Processor Itel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM 8,00 GB; HDD 1TB

Windows 10 Home. Processor and S.O. 64 bits

Vector vs IRL.pdf

Hello,

I have taken a look and see just the same as you do.

When I wrote "what you detect as happening is what should be happening" I meant that each region,

except Australia, is designed to exclude both Vector and Landclass so that it can properly display its own.

As you have found, in this respect, what you detect as happening is what should be happening.

Indeed what should not be happening is that aspects of the topography, instead of being improved, are made less accurate.

I have reported this and we will see if an improvement can be made.

Hi Nick,

Good to have an answer and at less to confirm that it isn't about my installation. Moreover,  sad to know that it's as it is.  Specially because I bought several generic ORBX addons (included Vector) after having already installed Ireland, expecting that it would improve it and fix this type of details.  In fact, in "compatibility", I think it would be fair to advise that even though it's not exactly incompatible with a region,  it would be in fact inactive if an ORBX Region is installed.

Apart for the details I have shown you, now and then there are many more, including coast line shape, railways, power lines, tunnels...

By the way and as last attemp: would it work set Vector above Ireland in the scenary list? any positive effect?

I will be waiting for this improvement then.  If they have to update it, it would be a great thing also to update IFR info (frequencies, nav aids, final headings...), integrated on  the Ireland pack and very out of date.

Thanks for your assistance and the quick response, specially on those dates. Have a happy new year and a great 2018.

Carles

• 7 months later...

Hi again Nick,

8 months after the last message, do you know if ORBX has ready some update of IRELAND to fix that problem? I haven´t seen any update yet.

Just as remain: the problem we discovered was the fact that the IRELAND scenario has a worse definition of all what Vector does correctly (coastline, rivers, little islands, tunnels...) and it was not possible to have both at once: or the correct coast, roads and rivers definition from Vector, or the correct Lnadclass from IRELAND.

Regards,

Carles Algue

Archived