FTX Global openLC North America display & crashes

pilotone

Hi all, I am opening this topic about the FTX GLOBAL openLC North America so find out if anyone else has recently had some issues with it.

I bought it about 3 days back and installed it via the FTX Central, but the display is bad, unlike other openLC like South America, openLC Europe, etc. It shows a very poor resolution, even after following the recommended settings from ORBX. The strange thing is that it does not happen with the other products, which display well so far.

My first issue was with the vector. after installing it, I could not use my Aerosoft Mega airport Prag, as objets were floating around and the elevation was biased. I had to uninstall the airport. Then I tuned the vector as recommended in the control Panel of the product on FTX central, and found out that I would have to repeat the action after each add-on installation or uninstallation. But my issue is that the openLC North America crashes all the time when I fly there, especially from KJFK; in addition to poor image issue. doesn't look like a product from ORBX when seeing the image. even the HD tress doesn't have an effect on that zone.

for exemple, I bout the ESSA airport and it's just spectacular a scenery. 

So, I do not know if anyone can help out or if someone has had a similar issue with that very products. It would be good to share your opinion and maybe solution if you could solve it.

An other question is,does anyone know if ORBX products work fine with airport products from Rikooo and A DRZEWIECKI PRODUCTS?  I had the NY City add-on from the latter and it was troublesome, so I removed it, but still have airports like la Guardia, LIBERTY(new Jersey) and KJFK  installed. any idea if there could be a compatibility issue between ORBX and those?

I have the global base pack and FTX GLOBAL Vector, beside most openLC products, FYI.

Thanks in advance.

Pilotone

Hi, welcome to the forums

Please post screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z Key's of your issues, this will be very helpful to all. :)

Also, more info of your setup would be helpful.

Also please have a look and try out the search function at the Compatibility forum linked below.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

And finally, please add a product order/transaction ID for further support.  :)

Thanks and Cheers

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Doug,

Thanks for the reply, for the welcome wishes and sorry that it took me a bit long to reconnect and answer you, as I have been busy lately. But the issue is persisting. Each time I fly for NYC or Washington DC it freezes the PC and forces down FSX, closing it totally. My settings are as recommended by ORBX. And I must tell you that the issue is just with the US zone. I have a perfect rendering when flying from other regions of the world with the same settings applied, like Europe, South America Oceania or any of the global range sceneries. I am astonished at the situation though. I will try now and provide you with the exact coordinates where it happens often. But be it from Newark Liberty airport KEWR, La Guardia KLGA, KJFK, Philadelphia international Airport, KIAD Dulles Airport, or even KDCA Ronald Reagan National Airport, it is just the same result, barely two (2) minutes after take off.

I tried flying from KEWR TO TNCM Princess Juliana Airport and it crashes again. I truly have no issue flying in other areas or countries.

Order/ticket number Is #5a2730f9c8c9a, (in case the ORBX team or any other helper needs such details)

Date of purchase: 12/6/2017.

The order included:  FTX GLOBAL openLC North America, ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Cityscape Camberra. 

My PC is a Notebook HP ENVY m7. Windows 10,  64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @240GHz, RAM 12GB

Also in the PC is the NVIDIA GeForce 840M.0

Roland

Pilotone

Hi Roland

There are many many things that could be causing you problems....Your PC is fairly weak for this type of use for starters, and the chance of these issues being caused by a specific Orbx product are slim to none, they are probably just acting as the straw that broke the camels back. So Please first be sure your products are installed correctly as per the below process.

Please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

image.png.0f5e112479fe4c5e625eb26d7eb0d7ec.png

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Then, have a good close look at the below links.

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug

First of all let me express my best wishes to you for the new year 2018.

I can confirm that ORBX Libs are installed and up to date. FTX Central 3 is at its latest version V3.2.3.0. There is no blue notification above the settings. Usually, I am notified of any available update in FTX Central v3.

"Ensure all of your 3rd party add-ons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries." This suggests that I uninstall and reinstall my airports, so that they could be above the FTX and scenery Lab, right?

Anyway,  followed your advise about the FTX insertion point. I did not have it set under my last third party Add-on. Now, it is done.

I also did follow your recommendations down to the running of the auto configuration, which I usually run each time I install or uninstall an add-on (as recommended right in the page).

I ran the Force Migration option

I did click on the "clear temp" option too

I had the Frozen surface (in winter only) checked initially. Now, I have it unchecked.

Australia Add-ons have always been checked from the first time I saw the option available. So I just kept it checked.

Finally, I ran the auto config process to completion (until applying changes as usual)

I also decided to uninstall all airports add-ons I bought for the US zone, then reinstalled them and things worked better than before for a while, as I could now fly from KIAD to KJFK, even though the pc crashed when almost getting to New York. basically, I now suspect the issue to be of another nature, as the US region now displays like others I have from ORBX products.

Nonetheless, the actions you recommended were also needed. I am glad your advices have been of help.

Though the PC is not really a Gaming one, It serves for now, until I buy a real gaming notebook from MSI or any other with some good GTX 1080 or 2000+ series GPU.

I will go through the two links you provided to read them. Feels good to know we can count on some good people on this forum. You're one of them.

Thanks a lot Doug ;) .

Roland

30 minutes ago, pilotone said:

"Ensure all of your 3rd party add-ons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries." This suggests that I uninstall and reinstall my airports, so that they could be above the FTX and scenery Lab, right?

Hi Roland, Happy New Year!

Thank you for the kind words. :)

No, you don't need to reinstall any of your 3rd party airports, you will just need to move them up or down the list using the options on the right side of the in game scenery library when you have it open.

Cheers

Doug

Archived