Regions unclear after conversion to FTXC

burchwt

Was planning to add more ORBX regions.  Have Global, Vectors, England and Scotland.  England and Scotland were excellent.  (Had PNW installed from box set previously)  Decided to upgrade FTX Central 3 and then add new regions from there.  Since upgrading FTXC and migrating Global, Vectors, Libs, England and Scotland, regions look fuzzy.  Tried flying over Liverpool and then London area.  See attached screen shots around London.  Please help.  Thanks.  Bill

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks for your reply.

I am flying FSX.  My system specs are:

Qosmio by Toshiba. X75-A

Processor: Intel i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40 GHz

RAM 16 Gig

64 bit op system

Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M

I've been using ORBX products:  Global Base,  Global Vector,  England, Scotland.  Problems occurred when I transferred these into FTXC 3.  (Today I got Pacific Northwest crossgraded into the new FTXC as well.)  I want to add on other regions once existing products are working well again.

Of course, I can't comment about how the sim looked before you adopted FTXC3.  However, your cpu running at 2.40Ghz is relatively underpowered to be running FSX comfortably.  You might consider turning down some of the settings which affect the display you're seeing, starting with autogen density, the traffic settings, even cloud draw distance.  Perhaps other folks might have more specific suggestions.  But what you're seeing is typically what happens when the cpu is being overpowered by the demands of the sim.

• 2 weeks later...

It was running fine before I converted to FTX Central 3.  I used ORBX regions, and I flew all over Scotland and England without these scenery problems.  I do note that special objects such as well known buildings look good  as do trees.  But the land, especially at a distance, and roads look fuzzy.

Here are specs again, per internet:  I bought this PC maybe 3 years ago to avoid performance problems. It's been doing well, as I say, until the conversion.  

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5

• Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4700MQ (2.40 GHz)
  • 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
  • 17.3" 1920 x 1080 LED backlight & TruBrite technology
  • 16.5" x 10.7" x 1.2"-1.7" 7.6 lbs.
  • DVD Super Multi
  • 1 x VGA 1 x HDMI HDMI with 4K Ultra HD output capability
  • 4 x USB 3.0

My order numbers are:  FSS0392903 and FSS0335999

Archived