ORBX LOWI showing unreal VOR station in scenery/navigation

flusiflo

hi, i am running fsx as well as P3Dv4.1. i have the ORBX LOWI Innnsbruck scenery installed. In both sims, a VORDME stations is schown about 60km west of LOWI airport. VOR identifier is "VORA" - this VOR station is not real. how can i remove it?

when updating my navaid data by using the tool from here http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

the conflicts   log shows that VOR "VORA" cannot be update because of write data restrictions (or similar like that) of this file: "Westsim_Innsbruck_APX_CVX.bgl" (located in \Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU/FTX_AA_LOWI)

it seems that this VOR station got installed by ORBX LOWI and ist most likely implemented in the file called "Westsim_Innsbruck_APX_CVX.bgl"

if i rename the file and run up P3D the VORDME station still shows up.

how can i fix that?

thanks for the help

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi there, 

This is an intentional addition that can be found in Westsim_Innsbruck_APX.bgl.. if my memory serves me correct it is a workaround to limitations in the P3D/FSX AI engine - basically it helps AI aircraft land correctly. Feel free to edit it out if you know how, but please bear in mind that we can't offer support for any modified scenery elements. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 2 weeks later...

Archived