CAC8 nanaimo seaplane objects floating

Hello,

I am not sure this is the right place to talk about this. I purchased most of ORBX scenery yesterday for Prepar3D V4. I owned it before for FS-X. Being on Vancouver Island I downloaded the Nanaimo and Pender scenery which looks awesome in the pictures. But it isn't working. Actually looks terrible with docks missing, cars and boats floating in the air. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Could be an easy fix. if this isn't the right place for help on that matter, could you point me to the correct forum or person. I have the latest computer  fully loaded.

cac8.JPG

scenery setup.JPG

I had this before.  Never could understand why?  Had similar issue with KJAC scenery.  But, this is what I did to fix it.

1. Uninstall.  Reboot.

2. Start P3D.  Shut down and Reboot.

3.  Install Freeware.

4.  Run Vector.

5. Start p3D.

6. Go to Graphics / World and set Mesh to 2M.

This fixed almost every seashore issue, but one.  It left one float base further north with a couple of floating houses.  But!!!!!  The port and docks were normal again.  In the Caribbean, a few of the smaller islands may have some buildings offshore.  I can live with it.

Hello,

Based on your screenshot, your Orbx ObjectFlow 2 is not working. This will affect all Orbx products that use ObjectFlow. If you are not familiar with ObjectFlow, it is a technology that allows objects to display based on various conditions, like time of day or month of year or direction of the wind (for windsocks) etc.  Large parts of the seaplane bases are controlled by ObjectFlow so without it, you are not seeing much.

ObjectFlow2 for P3D v4.x is installed using the xml addon method; did you give permission to run this addon the first time you used it?  Have you installed or updated to the current Orbx libraries? (Installing the libraries also installs ObjectFlow 2.)   You can force the reinstallation of the libraries by deleting the file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT located here:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

If these basic steps don't work, we will go further.

Also, I would not recommend using a 2 meter mesh setting: all Orbx products are designed to use a 5 meter mesh setting and using a 2 meter mesh setting at the seaplane bases may cause objects placed along the shoreline to display at the wrong elevation.  And in this case, the mesh setting has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

Cheers,

10 hours ago, Lawrence Hickerson said:

I had this before.  Never could understand why?  Had similar issue with KJAC scenery.  But, this is what I did to fix it.

1. Uninstall.  Reboot.

2. Start P3D.  Shut down and Reboot.

3.  Install Freeware.

4.  Run Vector.

5. Start p3D.

6. Go to Graphics / World and set Mesh to 2M.

This fixed almost every seashore issue, but one.  It left one float base further north with a couple of floating houses.  But!!!!!  The port and docks were normal again.  In the Caribbean, a few of the smaller islands may have some buildings offshore.  I can live with it.

thank you Lawrence. Just one stupid question. What is "run Vector"

again Thank you for taking the time.

al

Hi Larry,

did everything you suggested. Even bought some more ORBX addons Vector and OpenLC as well as Bella Coola and Ketchikan so I could do some comparison. Also deleted the txt file and sure enough, FTX re-loaded the OBJlib. Text file back in there. No change! Interesting thing is that the Bella Coola scenery and Ketchikan work great. The two freebies CAC8 and CAG8 are the ones causing my trouble. Don't know if it is worth my dwelling on it any longer. I have been trying for 3 days. BTW, I am a fairly good flight sim guru. Was actually one of the first ones way back then. Maybe you have heard of the Round Robin adventures that I use to publish in Computer Pilot mag etc...I am telling you that so that you know my level of operation. I am also a computer tech. (retired RCAF also). Use to create scenery by hand writing thousands of lines of codes just for a hangar, back in the early 90's. Anyway, a couple more shots for you. I don't want to waste your time on this but if you want to take it further, I am all yours and would love to keep troubleshooting. Pictures of Bella Coola, and the latest CAC8 after all the work, but from a different angle. Also a picture of a little island just south of my problem. All looks good there. Default??  Also Pender Harbor CAG8 missing docks etc....

Bella Co.JPG

Bella Coola.JPG

Nanaimo seaplane area cac8 orbx.JPG

cag8.JPG

Capture for larry.JPG

Hello,

Your screen shot does show that objectflow is not working, as Larry pointed out to you.

Without this, the scenery will not display correctly.

Based on your screenshot, your Orbx ObjectFlow 2 is not working. This will affect all Orbx products that use ObjectFlow. If you are not familiar with ObjectFlow, it is a technology that allows objects to display based on various conditions, like time of day or month of year or direction of the wind (for windsocks) etc.  Large parts of the seaplane bases are controlled by ObjectFlow so without it, you are not seeing much.

ObjectFlow2 for P3D v4.x is installed using the xml addon method; did you give permission to run this addon the first time you used it?

Please first check that objectflow is enabled on the settings page of FTX Central.

Please also check that it is enabled in P3D v4, in the in-game drop down addons menu.

Here it is as you see it:

cag8.JPG

Here it is as I see it with objectflow deliberately disabled.

Untitled2.jpg

and here it is with objectflow enabled.

Untitled.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 2:49 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Please first check that objectflow is enabled on the settings page of FTX Central.

Please also check that it is enabled in P3D v4, in the in-game drop down addons menu.

I want to thank Nick for this post, because the "Add-On" library for P3D v4 is unique.   After a new machine and installs, I thought this was okay, but I started having floating houses at some of the Orbx airports surrounding areas.   I went to CENTRAL uncheck and 'rechecked' the object flow radial.  Started up P3Dv4 and it went through some scenery loading again.

No floating houses. 

My new recommendations now is to if it is okay as Nick says and you still have floaters, try my new steps to resolve this.

Cheers.   Larry

Archived