FTX England and issues with HRD lighting, how to fix it?

Trustdesa

Hi Guys,

I have just bought FTX England and at the first run I have issues with a strange "haze" which I immediately spotted to be linked with HDR lighting, if I turn it off (however it looks horrible without that feature) it disappear, is ORBX working on a fix as it makes the product really not compatible with V4.

Please see screenshots with HDR Light OFF then ON, I have tried to change setting slightly however until it is on the haze at ground/texture level is there.

off.jpg

on.jpg

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

As far as I am aware, you are the first and only customer to have this problem

and certainly the first to allege that the display of weather is affected by ground scenery.

I am unable to replicate the problem but if you can indicate where in the world that screen shot was taken

and take another from outside the aircraft, I will take a look.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

As far as I am aware, you are the first and only customer to have this problem

and certainly the first to allege that the display of weather is affected by ground scenery.

I am unable to replicate the problem but if you can indicate where in the world that screen shot was taken

and take another from outside the aircraft, I will take a look.

Hi Nick, 

Thank you for your reply. 

It is not weather related as I have tried changing clouds and it is still there, it only goes away if I turn HDR LIGHTING totally off by unticking that option, that picture was taken near Compton Abbas, as I fly there often in real life, however it does that in the whole of UK, now I will try to load the scenary somewhere where I have only ORBX Global and no region to see and let you know. 

It is in 1440p resolution on i7 4790k - GTX 1070 and 8GB RAM the sim run nice and smooth however that "haze" or reflection makes it horrible to even look at and with that off as you can see it looks like FSX 

Hello Nick,

I have resolved, I had to reset my settings then reset everything and tick all the "cast" option (I think they are four) after that the problem went away, I would assume if the cloud cast shadow and the objects are not set to do the same there is a sort of clipping going on.

Thank you for your kind and quick reply I leave this here if someone ever come across the same issue. 

Archived