BigMalc5

BigMalc5

Ok, thanks for the response.

When I used FTX Europe I used a scenery editor to load just the regions I would be flying over to save on virtual address space.

The manual showed the regions of Europe and their respective numbers and so made it easy.

FTX Global also has numbered sections but I can't see a reference in the manual as to which is which.

I hope that makes sense?

Hi 

FTX Global base does not have any numbered entries, The only scenery library entries for Global base are the four below.

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

FTX Global base is not a scenery, it replaces the default textures of the default scenery with a much higher quality texture set for a greatly improved 

appearance of the default scenery, those numbered entries you see are the default scenery entries.

Cheers 

Doug

I'm not sure you grasp what I'm trying to get answered here.

If I choose to fly from Heathrow to Calgary I don't see the point in having to load the whole of Europe, Scandanavia and Asia etc.

I basically load just the areas I will fly to and from and that doesn't occupy the measley 4GB of VAS that FSX is allocating.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my scenery load from a previous flight.

Best regards,

Malcolm.

Scenery editor.png

I understand what you are getting at and FTX Global base will have no effect on it and there is nothing you can do to alter it for that purpose.

I also see your scenery library order needs to be corrected, Please apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Cheers

Doug

Hello, I permit myself in here but I don't think that your simulator is loading the WHOLE sceneries you got installed.

It loads - according to your settings - X miles around your aircraft. You can have a confirmation of that by setting the "Top-Down" view of your aircraft, as you unzoom and see the planet, you can see that only the area surrounding your aircraft is loaded.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Kim!

Hi Kim

Actually the simulator does load all of the activated scenery, which is different from what you are referring to, which is the LOD (level of detail radius), these are two different matters, please do not confuse them. Malcolm’s issue has nothing to do with LOD.

Cheers

Doug

Archived