FTX Norway

willinil

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

In \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX\scenery there are a bunch of files starting with " cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_". There should be "summer" and "winter" variants for each one. For example:

cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909_summer.BGL

cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909_winter.BGL.OFF

When switching to frozen surfaces the extensions should get flipped, as in 

cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909_summer.BGL.OFF

cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909_winter.BGL

Do you see those file pairs in that folder and, if yes, in which configuration?

Also, it's possible that a Windows file access permission issue could prevent those file name changes to take place. Do any of the other FTX NOR control panel options work?

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

if you're seeing four cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909files then that would explain the issue. With the control panel set to default (not frozen) you should only see the top pair of files I listed. In total you should have 60 " cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water" files in that folder. If you have 120 of them then delete all the _summer files with an .OFF extension and all the _winter files with an .BGL extension and then try the control panel again.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

After reading this topic I wanted to check things in my installation and found something strange.

I do have 59 files (instead of 60) starting with cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water and I am missing cvx_FTX_EU_NOR_water_4909_winter.bgl

Switching between summer and winter is correct for all 30 pairs, even for the (single) 4909_summer file, which got the OFF extension after switching to winter.

Furthermore I see the following strange effect, which is identical as OP (Willinil) wrote

1. Select 'Frozen surface' in the Control Panel (CP)

2. Close the CP (Summer files get the OFF extension)

3. Open the CP again  --> both options are black (not selected) 

SIM: FSX SP1,2

No problems during installation encountered (August 2018)

--> The \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_06_CVX\scenery contains 195 items

Regards Fred

Archived