Slow Loading !!

mikee

Hello , I am Running Prepar3DV4 With All ORBX Addons , NO AI program , AI Traffic Ships AI (Henrik Nielsen )  , Many Airports ( Aerosoft , Simmarket , 29Palms , FSDG , Fly Tampa etc... ) and a lot of Planes ! ( Carenado , Alabeo , Milviz , Captain sim etc ... ) ! Whenever I try to Load a flight it takes Up To 3.8 min ( Everywhere in the World , despite my Settings  , low or High ! )

Min. 2.6 min max 3.8 !

Is this Normal ?

Please check my PC specs !

Thank you Very Much ,

Mike

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Hello , I am Running Prepar3DV4 With All ORBX Addons , NO AI program , AI Traffic Ships AI (Henrik Nielsen )  , Many Airports ( Aerosoft , Simmarket , 29Palms , FSDG , Fly Tampa etc... ) and a lot of Planes ! ( Carenado , Alabeo , Milviz , Captain sim etc ... ) ! Whenever I try to Load a flight it takes Up To 3.8 min ( Everywhere in the World , despite my Settings  , low or High ! )

Min. 2.6 min max 3.8 !

Is this Normal ?

No Mike, it is not normal! 

I have all of Orbx scenery loaded and at least a dozen or two from vendors like Aerosoft, Blue Yonder and DRZEWIECKI DESIGN

What I do not use is TRACKER IR or any Captain Sim. 

My default startup is KJAC in the Carenado Cheyenne II.   I would say the startup screen appears under 45 seconds.  I have P3dv4.1 loaded on a gig SSD by itself.  I also have no scanning of any of my flightsim products by the system on both system and game drive.  UIC is off.  All associated files from such as AS, MILVIZ, A2A, F1GTN, etc is done in the same way.

Hope this helps!  Larry

1 hour ago, Lawrence Hickerson said:

No Mike, it is not normal! 

I have all of Orbx scenery loaded and at least a dozen or two from vendors like Aerosoft, Blue Yonder and DRZEWIECKI DESIGN

What I do not use is TRACKER IR or any Captain Sim. 

My default startup is KJAC in the Carenado Cheyenne II.   I would say the startup screen appears under 45 seconds.  I have P3dv4.1 loaded on a gig SSD by itself.  I also have no scanning of any of my flightsim products by the system on both system and game drive.  UIC is off.  All associated files from such as AS, MILVIZ, A2A, F1GTN, etc is done in the same way.

Hope this helps!  Larry

Hello Larry and thank you for your reply !

I Have disable my Antivirus ( Panda ) for a While and I saw a small progress ! Loading the default flight only 2:37 from 3:45 sec .

Most probably Panda is Creating the problem . I will have to check some more !

Mike

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Hey Mike , for me it is also . I have unloaded all of my European scenery plus South America and that helped speed it up some . :(:)

Cheers

John

Hi John and thank you for your reply !

I believe that the slow loading was caused by my Antivirus ( Panda ) . I will have to check some more and see if I can exclude the whole sim from scanning !

Mike

On 11/23/2017 at 1:43 PM, mikee said:

Hello Larry and thank you for your reply !

I Have disable my Antivirus ( Panda ) for a While and I saw a small progress ! Loading the default flight only 2:37 from 3:45 sec .

Most probably Panda is Creating the problem . I will have to check some more !

Mike

That is still high.  Loading the whole flightsim to the departure airport is not that long.

Make sure you are not scanning all the different P3D folders to include your hidden profile files.  P3D always checks these files for new added software and your configuration of it.

Good luck,

Larry

7 hours ago, Lawrence Hickerson said:

That is still high.  Loading the whole flightsim to the departure airport is not that long.

Make sure you are not scanning all the different P3D folders to include your hidden profile files.  P3D always checks these files for new added software and your configuration of it.

Good luck,

Larry

Thank you Larry ! I will have to check . I have many Addons from Other Companies , maybe this is another reason for the slow loading .

I have 1Tb SSD for my P3dV4 and I have free 235gb .

Regards ,

Mike

Sounds about right to me. I just did a fresh install of P3Dv3 on a new SSD. With no add-ons at all the sim loads the default flight and is ready to fly in 16 seconds. After installing all the ORBX products the load time increased to 2 min 52 seconds. The same installation of ORBX products using P3Dv4 (on the same SSD) loads the default flight in about 2 minutes 20 seconds..........Doug

22 hours ago, Triplane said:

Sounds about right to me. I just did a fresh install of P3Dv3 on a new SSD. With no add-ons at all the sim loads the default flight and is ready to fly in 16 seconds. After installing all the ORBX products the load time increased to 2 min 52 seconds. The same installation of ORBX products using P3Dv4 (on the same SSD) loads the default flight in about 2 minutes 20 seconds..........Doug

I am new to P3D v4.1.   When it was virgin, my load in time was about 30 seconds. I just finished installing a  huge amount of Orbx content, and about 7 Carenado planes.

I can now sit anywhere from about 3-5 minutes(!!!) before the flight is sitting at the airport.  I think it is the thousands (literally) of files that P3D v4.1 is now parsing before I am fully rendered at either an Orbx property, or a default.  I have also noticed that my FPS performance running any Carenado cockpit, takes about a 8-9 FPS hit, over let's say the P3D v4.1 Baron.

So, I see a couple of early things,   if you want most features turned on, or at their near-highest settings, it is best to keep to a default plane. Of course, I can start trimming back the sliders, but P3D v4.1 looks so good at the higher settings...I mean...really good as compared to the P3D v3.x series...so am reticent to want to do that. I guess, it is a fine dance, as always.

A question, I miss all the ships..can you use the ship package in 64 bit v4.1 as you can use in the 32 bit P3D 3.x?  I don't want to install, only to find that I have totally buggered up v4.1.  I read constant warnings about just 'bull-dozing' 32 bit content in, without first checking.

Can anybody advise?

Thanks.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:24 PM, mikee said:

Thank you Larry ! I will have to check . I have many Addons from Other Companies , maybe this is another reason for the slow loading .

I have 1Tb SSD for my P3dV4 and I have free 235gb .

Regards ,

Mike

Mike,

I have the 1Tb SSD, also!  P3Dv4.1 is the only thing on it at 406 Gb.  I just ran another test using a payware airport from another vendor than Orbx.  This was DreamTeams KMEM.  The plane was the Carenado Hawker 850.  I have all of Orbx payware and freeware loaded.  I have TongassX and 25+ other airports loaded.

My time from menu to gate was 1 min 4 sec.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, Lawrence Hickerson said:

Mike,

I have the 1Tb SSD, also!  P3Dv4.1 is the only thing on it at 406 Gb.  I just ran another test using a payware airport from another vendor than Orbx.  This was DreamTeams KMEM.  The plane was the Carenado Hawker 850.  I have all of Orbx payware and freeware loaded.  I have TongassX and 25+ other airports loaded.

My time from menu to gate was 1 min 4 sec.

Hello Lawrence and thanks for your reply . I have no idea what is going on ! If I load a flight in Cyprus ( LCLK , I have Installed Aerosoft's LCA payware plus All Orbx Stuff ) it takes around 1.5min. to load . If I load a flight somewhere in America ( Any Region ) it takes around 2.5 up to 3.5 min. to load !

I have also Installed , Ship AI traffic , and maybe this is One , is one the reasons for the slow loading !

Thank you ,

Mike

Archived