Windows update

Dadtom65

Hi. Just done the last Windows update and now even have less space on my C drive and I did do the moving of the Temp folders. Before I had just over 20 gig but now it’s down to 11gig. I see there’s now an Windows old file on the C drive. Can I delete that folder please. Derek.

Hi Richard. Well I got rid of most of it, some items it said I couldn’t delete even though I am an administrator so cancelled it but now when I look on the C drive I’m back up to 40.6 gig so that’s good. Just did what you said Richard but that previous windows installation wasn’t there. So perhaps I’ve done it anyway. Thanks Derek.

Hi Derek,

To make sure, go to C/ and at the bottom under Windows "File" if Windows_Old is present, repeat the process, it is likely registry files will not delete. You can rename the file, reboot and that will likely work. It is a good idea to Run Disk Cleanup every now and then, very handy for deleting redundant files and Registry mishaps. 

Hi Richard. Yes there is still a Windows .old there. Will try that later, not on comp at the momment. So can I just right click on that folder and change it to anything other than old or will I have to go into the Windows old folder and do them separately. Derek.

Archived