Hi,

I'dont see the positions 1 and 2, as I saw before in FSX version,  when I try to load PAKT scenery in P3Dv4 version. Actually ...it seems the FTX Central 3 didn't install PAKT correctly.

I'm using FTX Global Base / Vector /  OpenLC NA /  Trees HD and NA Pacific Fjords region.

Thanks,

Marco Aurelio

Hi Guys,

After I've unmarked Parking spot - P3Dv2 and P3Dv3, in the FTX Central 3 / North America / PAKT / Control Panel, the positions 1 and 2 have become visible in the Starting Location at P3Dv4 Scenery........Fine !!!!!   .... The initial problem has gone.

The PAKT scenery is there  when I use P3Dv4 outside overview ......   great !!!!  But when I go to the inside aircraft view ...the parking position is underground of the airport level .... so.... from now ....this is my actual issue

I've already checked FTX Global Vector AEC .......PAKT doesn't appear neihter in FTX Central 3 / Settings / Configure FTX Global Vector / Airport Elevation Corrections /AEC is Enabled for or AEC is Disabled for boxes 

Thanks,

Marco Aurélio

1 hour ago, Doc_Z said:

If you mean the parking is  below the level of the runway, that is correct.  The real terminal, etc. is below the runway.

Hi Doc_Z,

What I've meant with " the parking position is underground of the airport level " was underground of  the parking level too either positions 1 and 2. 

Thank you for asking....... 

Marco Aurélio

Hello,

the parking positions do not work in P3D.

Perhaps if I reproduce the relevant post and highlight the most relevant text, it will become clear.

On 10/04/2016 at 9:55 PM, Ed Correia said:

I'm going to lock this guys and give my final answer. 

The parking spots are disabled intentionally as we cannot get them to work 100% reliably in P3Dv2 &v3. This is due to complexities of the 3D model of the airport. There is a option to enable in them in the Control Panel so you can try it and see if it works for some reason on your setups. 

Same goes with the PAPI, it was never included in the original release for the same reasons. 

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the parking positions do not work in P3D.

Perhaps if I reproduce the relevant post and highlight the most relevant text, it will become clear.

Ok Nick....Sorry..... now I've gotten what you've tried to told me before. Sorry.

But Nick........ some times inside P3Dv4......changing the ORBX library position in relation to PAKT position in the scenery library the system respond positively..... I meant.... the aircraft is positioned correctly on either parking positions 1 or 2......  It seems that there is some instability with system itself.

Thanks Nick,

Marco Aurélio

The problem lies with the airport model which is very special but was not designed for P3D v2 onwards.

These P3D versions did not exist then and the original developer no longer works for Orbx.

For this reason, there can be no changes.

The best compromise was to make the parking spaces optional because for some people sometimes

they do work and for some others, they do not.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

The problem lies with the airport model which is very special but was not designed for P3D v2 onwards.

These P3D versions did not exist then and the original developer no longer works for Orbx.

For this reason, there can be no changes.

The best compromise was to make the parking spaces optional because for some people sometimes

they do work and for some others, they do not.

Ok Nick,

Thanks once more !!!!!!!.

If I find out something different I'll return

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

Hi Guys,

As I've promised to Nick ....and aware of the complexity of this thread .... I made the following procedure to run PAKT in my P3Dv4 system :

1 - I've been unmarked Parking spot - P3Dv2 and P3Dv3, in the FTX Central 3 / North America / PAKT / Control Panel

2 -  When the PAKT is launched (always I need to do this step) .... I go to the World / Scenery Library and just click on OK ........ the system rebuild the scenery and sort out  the problem.

My grateful thanks Nick and Doc_Z

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

Marco;

Carefully followed your procedure.  For me, it didn't work.  Ended up above ground but with dirt berms all around, and then the aircraft immediately crashes and program closes.  

I am using P3Dv4, maybe that is the problem.

darrel z

Your welcome, Marco.  But PAKT has gone bonkers on me just as it has for Tundrabum.  I can't use your World/scenery trick because the aircraft crashes immediately and there is no way to get to the dropdowns.  I don't know why this is happening now, it was working fine up until I tried it two days ago. 

I have solved the problem by going into the P3d root directory to Scenery/World/Scenery.  A search should turn up three .BGL files that start with  ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT...  Mark them to .off. See what happens.

Archived