LOWI no dynamic lights at arrival

jgoggi

Hi, I noticed that when I arrive at LOWI, the airport dynamic lights don't work, while they are ok when I start my flight there. This is a common problem to many sceneries having dynamic lights, could you please check and fix it? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

a solution (at least on my system) hasn't been pushed out/isn't working for me until now. I decided to fiddle around with some of the fx files and looked at how other dev's solved this.

I was able to resolve the issue through making control effects as suggested above. If you want to use them, you need to go to your Effects folder and rename the files "fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron.fx" and "fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron_Small.fx" to "fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron_cntrl.fx" and "fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron_Small_cntrl.fx" respectively. Then drop my fx files into your Effects folder.

The effect files have been created with firstobject XML editor and the SDK tutorial by LM.

Please let me know if this is unappropriate, if so I'll take the files down.

fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron_Small.fx

fx_ORBX_LOWI_Apron.fx

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

After MANY hours of searching for similar problems that I had with my sceneries (even with controller files), I have found a solution that works well in most cases.

The controller files should include:

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=1.00
Radius=200

Priority=0

[controller.0]
lifetime=0.0, 0.0
type=3
distance=4000.00, 4000.00
delay=80000.00, 80000.00

The effect file that the controller is poiting to, should be in Version=2.00.

In addition, it is suggested to have separate bgl file for the dynamic lights, included in airport scenery folder.

Hope this helps.

Archived