Grass over runway???

SigmundHorn29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hate to bring up a really old topic, but this is happening to me also.  I only use PMDG 737 addon aircraft, Active Sky, Navigraph, GSX and ORBX in my SIM.  I have a few FSDreamteam sceneries also, but nothing of KJAX.  I was looking at GSX and it pointed me to APX26210.bgl also... and I noticed that only 3 files have an updated date in my scenery folder.

And it has the exact same date update as OBX26210.bgl ...  Any possibility that an ORBX update actually updated the original APX26210.bgl?

Capture.JPG

Ok, I fixed it.  I disabled the following scenery in my Scenery Library:

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX_OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX_OPENLC_NAMERICA2

ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

As soon as I disabled all the above, Runway 26 is now above the grass again.

I have left ORBX!VECTOR_AEC enabled since I know I had KJAX as part of the AEC disabled list.  (<-edited to fix a typo)

I am going to turn one of these on at a time until I find the exact ORBX scenery causing the grass to grow over the default 26 scenery.

29 minutes ago, SektorM said:

And it has the exact same date update as OBX26210.bgl ...  Any possibility that an ORBX update actually updated the original APX26210.bgl?

Hello,

no chance at all.

This type of file is however updated by software that seeks to introduce more up to date navigation data.

There are no Vector files for this airport, so Vector cannot be a cause at all.

Sometimes, these broken P3D airports can be fixed with an elevation adjustment file.

I attach one for this airport.

Put it into scenery\world\scenery, restart P3D, assuming that is your simulator and try again.

KJAX_ADEP4_NC_ALT.bgl

ORBX_!VECTOR_APT contains the problem.  

When I enabled these one by one, I was fine:

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX_OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX_OPENLC_NAMERICA2

ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE

Then I enabled:

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you say so.

Can you help me troubleshoot this if you "don't say so?"  Look?  My evidence is pretty straight forward here.  I've never seen a support person with such a rude remark.  I'm performing technical analysis and root cause here, and asking for help...

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

You appeared to have completely ignored my post and the preceding 45 posts.

We seem to be going over old ground.

Did you try the file attached to post 46?

Whose version of KJAX is that in your screen shot?

This is the P3D default version, note the different runway numbers and

the lack of anomalies.

1.jpg

I am driven to assume that you have installed some software that modifies the airport navigation data and with it the runway numbers,

or is it a completely different airport version?

Here are all the Orbx files for KJAX.

2.jpg

Because I was doing root cause analysis and showing you how I was "able to reproduce" the problem.  The airport is the very original airport that comes with a full install of P3d 4.4.  I am now using your attachment bgl and the airport runways are showing again.  Thank you very much for the fix.

However, can you explain to me why adding a .bgl file into Scenery\World fixed this issue?  If that's proprietary, then I can understand why you wouldn't.  I'm a pretty techie guy and have fixed airports with the ADE before, but I am trying to understand the logic here that says if I disable vector... the airport works. But when I enable vector, it breaks.

Any thoughts on that?

i'm sure others will be able to use this FIX file also if they happen to run Navigraph AIRAC, ORBX Base, North America, and Vector and see the runways at KJAX disappear.

Thank you for your time,

Michael

Hello,

as far as I can tell, Lockheed Martin broke APX26210.bgl, the elevation adjustment file I attached is a means to repair the damage.

The symptom is that the airport flatten stops working, either if the airport is modified or if an addon is placed over the original.

The addition of an ALT file with a tiny modification to the elevation seems to repair it.

There are quite a lot of similarly defective default airports.

The problems usually do not manifest themselves until there is an addon airport or, as in this case, an amendment made to the default.

I can't answer your question about Vector, as my own screen shot shows you, I cannot replicate the problem.

I think that is because my airport version has not been modified.

If you were to restart P3D with the replacement APX26210.bgl from post 37, then theoretically you should not be able to any more either,

but of course you would have the out of date runway numbers again.

My opinion is that the prime cause is the defective default airport and the catalyst that triggers the error is the modification made to

the default airport when the updated navigation data is added.

I agree with Nick here. I see exactly the same issue with my default P3Dv4.4 installation (clean install on new hardware in march 2019). When I use the file from post #37 the problem is gone. Strange thing is that I have 3 files dated 11/92017 while all other files are dated 05/24/2017:

2019-06-13_17h38_25.thumb.png.4fa20f01c7cdf146c8f472951d322d5b.png

(dont mind the ending .org of the first file)

No idea whether they have their origin from default P3D or coming from elsewhere. But I think I get an answer on this.

Archived