Updated to P3Dv4 and my Airports are Ghost Towns - NA GA AI Traffic

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Had the day off yesterday and took the plunge to upgrade to v4... Things are progressing really well - FTX Central I see pulls data from the v3 to avoid massive downloads (either that or you found a way to boost download speeds to superhuman levels) - LOL... All looks good in v4...

Except...

My airports are ghost towns - there is no AI traffic whatsoever... A quick look back on the ORBX web site shows that the NA GA AI Traffic Pack compatibility ends with v3... Please say it isn't so and that it is being worked on ?!?!?! LOL - I can wait but I can't imagine the airports if we never get all those wonderful AI models back...

Would anyone be able to provide a status on the AI pack ? Hopefully it's a work in progress...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Graham has said he is not planning to update the NA GA AI pack. If you still have it installed in FSX/P3Dv3 however, it is possible to get most of it working yourself. You need to install the new AU AI pack, in this Graham has updated most of the models to P3Dv4 status. You can then simply copy the texture folders from you FSX/P3D3 folder into the respective ai aircraft folders in P3Dv4 and copy the aircraft.cfg entries for those NA AI aircraft into the AU AI aircraft folders and everything works well. Don't forget to copy the relevant traffic.bgl into your Scenery/World/Scenery folder in P3Dv4. It takes a couple of hours to do, but is well worth it. I haven't quite finished it yet, but I'd guess I have 90% of the NA GA pack up and running.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information - while it's disappointing they abandoned the NA pack - if the models are available in the AU pack I guess we have a work around... Too bad we couldn't make it a community effort managed by ORBX to protect their content and share the results via a Freeware pack on the ORBX page... The airports seem dead and lifeless without traffic - even with the new object flow...

Anyway - appreciate the tip - I'll add it to my to do list...

Regards,
Scott

Archived