Blurry ground textures - PNW

Chad Ryan

I recently upgraded from FSX:SE to P3D v4 and my PNW product just doesn't look as good as I remember it looking in FSX. I'm guessing I've just done something wrong. I'm running P3D v4.1, FTX Central v3.2.3. I've attached a file of some scenery near CYCD and the ground textures to me just don't look that great.

Capture.JPG

Hi Chad

First, please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

This seems to be an inherent problem with P3D V4. I do not think there is any problem with individual setups with this issue, as there are many reports similar to this, including my own experience. I have been simming for seven years and understand many of the requirements necessary to make a platform perform efficiently. I sincerely believe there is a particular issue at play with V4 or V4.1, that is not present elsewhere. I run a pretty beefy machine and I have it running beautifully, with zero stutters, good framerates that never drop below 30 in any aircraft, in any situation. BUT,  and I don't think it's a question of delayed texture loading, I believe there is an intrinsic issue with the coding in V4 that has been designed in such a way. I have run with all sliders at zero and still experience low resolution textures. I think many simmers are mistaking slow loading textures with low resolution textures. While slow loading textures certainly appear to be not very good in V4,  I believe the real issue is that textures appear to be very much of a lower resolution. I have tried every tweak in the book, none of which have the slightest influence on the resolution of the ground textures. So, IMO the issue is how LM have developed V4. In my experience, FSX had FAR crisper ground textures than P3D.

11 hours ago, rockliffe said:

This seems to be an inherent problem with P3D V4. I do not think there is any problem with individual setups with this issue, as there are many reports similar to this, including my own experience. I have been simming for seven years and understand many of the requirements necessary to make a platform perform efficiently. I sincerely believe there is a particular issue at play with V4 or V4.1, that is not present elsewhere. I run a pretty beefy machine and I have it running beautifully, with zero stutters, good framerates that never drop below 30 in any aircraft, in any situation. BUT,  and I don't think it's a question of delayed texture loading, I believe there is an intrinsic issue with the coding in V4 that has been designed in such a way. I have run with all sliders at zero and still experience low resolution textures. I think many simmers are mistaking slow loading textures with low resolution textures. While slow loading textures certainly appear to be not very good in V4,  I believe the real issue is that textures appear to be very much of a lower resolution. I have tried every tweak in the book, none of which have the slightest influence on the resolution of the ground textures. So, IMO the issue is how LM have developed V4. In my experience, FSX had FAR crisper ground textures than P3D.

This is exactly my experience. FSX looked great. I even completely re-installed Windows then installed P3D and Orbx scenery. Same problem. Scenery sliders are all the way to the right. It’s disappointing to upgrade to the latest and greatest and end up with a worse looking sim. 

My library insertion points are all correct. 

Archived