Saitek Instrument panel drivers

grumman

I have one of the new Saitek mini instrument panels (LCD display) and I've noticed that the driver (SaiFlightSimX.exe) averages about 3% of total CPU cycles. I'm just wondering if I was to add the Saitek MultiPanel or Radio Panel what impact that would have on CPU usage.

Also, if one adds more of the mini instruments, does that proportionately require more CPU to run them, i.e. about 3% per instrument?

Is there a point where it becomes necessary to have a second machine to run such instruments?

Greg

Hi Greg,

I don't own any of the mini panels .

I do own the Switch panel and Radio panel and they consume virually nothing in the way of performance but the immersion factor and "Making it as real as it gets" is inceredible.

My advice is don't hesitate...go get 'em..

Thanks Dave. I was hoping that was the case. I assume those devices just send numeric data back and forth. The displays look like they use LED digits.

The mini panels are a different kettle of fish because they are actually small monitors. I'd still like to hear from anyone who is running more than one of them.

Greg

The mini panels are a different kettle of fish because they are actually small monitors. I'd still like to hear from anyone who is running more than one of them.

Look up 'homecockpitguy' on YouTube, he reviewed the mini panels and they didn't come out well. I can confirm the radios and multi-panel don't appear to have significant resource overheads, although I wouldn't recommend the radio panels.

BE CAREFUL! I have had to REMOVE my Saitek autopilot. Win 7 64 bit Home Premuim locks up with the4 drivers, and, frankly, I found I could not run my PMDG planes with the driver either, it does not like the later version of PMDGSound.dll.  I am considering the M panel pro

BE CAREFUL! I have had to REMOVE my Saitek autopilot. Win 7 64 bit Home Premuim locks up with the4 drivers, and, frankly, I found I could not run my PMDG planes with the driver either, it does not like the later version of PMDGSound.dll.  I am considering the M panel pro

That's a major concern. Anyone know if the Multi Panel is OK with 32-bit Win7?

Greg

That's a major concern. Anyone know if the Multi Panel is OK with 32-bit Win7?

There were heated conversations in the Saitek support forums to the effect that the multi panel didn't work with PMDG aircraft anyway. Other non-GA payware aircraft too, as I recall.

Yeah, I was NOT impressed. Does not play well with the Wilco PIC Embraer or 737, Lionheart Kodiak or Epic. Frankly money wasted. Sales Manager at VR Insight advised me that they don't know about compatabiliyt with Win 7 yet, but will post in thier saupport forms when they do. Silence from Saitek

Are any of you using the proper Windows 7 drivers.

NEVER allow Windows to find shit it THINKS it needs as this is where the rot sets in. ALWAYS select CANCEL and install a known Win 7 Driver.

I have and have not had any issues at all other than with the Audigy.

Well, my Saitek AP Panel works flawlessly in Win 7 with the current drivers...not one hitch whatsoever, and it works with every payware A/C I have, and that includes the CS 130x, a very complex aircraft.

Are you using 64bit or 32bit Windows 7?

Cheers

Archived