Four Corners Monument

MaddogChris

Well...this may not be the "official" answer, but....

You aren't really missing much.  Trust me.  I made a SPECIAL side trip on my motorcycle once just to go see it.  100+ miles out of my way.  Total disappointment.  It's a tourist trap.  The 4-corners thing is just a rock floor in the ground engraved with an "x" on it with the 4 state names in each quadrant.  The "buildings" you see surrounding that area are "trinket counters" selling native American doo-dads (the whole "monument" location is actually owned by an Indian tribe...it's not a "National Monument" type of thing).

I'd never ride my motorcycle (or anything else) there again.  Nor fly an airplane (a real one or simulated) there either.  So ORBX would be putting a "privately owned for profit" site in the scenery if they included it.  Just saying.  It's not like they left out the Statue of Liberty or something.  :lol:

EDIT:  Brad and I just cross-posted.  He posted first.

Totally agree with FalconAF on his description of the 4 corners location.  Took special side trip to show my sons and was greeted by a trash covered tourists trap full of merchandising stalls surrounding the disk in the ground with the four states around the "X".  No structures or anything interesting to see at all.  This was over 40 years ago and I'm sure its probably worse now.

Archived