ESSA (Stockholm airport)

Ed Koorevaar

Hi to you all

Was wondering again. I have installed ESSA. And as you can see on the attached image, it looks like the scenery is from Google maps,  topdown picture. Instead of clean concrete left from me and under my aircraft an image of a plane is visible. Thats not the scenery I am used to use from ORBX. No planes, does mean a clean concrete floor.

Can anyone tell me what is happening overhere? Does this might be caused by me using ESSA in P3D version4 with the use of Objectflow 2?

Thanks again and regards,

Ed

Capture.PNG

Thank you very much, Nick

Will give it a try, right away. Brings me to a 3.4.1 question. I only have replaced the client P3Dv4.1. Is that ok? Or should I replace scenery and content too? There was a discussion about. Some people only recommended to only replace client, others recommended to replace all. 

Again, thaanks and regards,

Ed

58 minutes ago, Ed Koorevaar said:

Thank you very much, Nick

Will give it a try, right away. Brings me to a 3.4.1 question. I only have replaced the client P3Dv4.1. Is that ok? Or should I replace scenery and content too? There was a discussion about. Some people only recommended to only replace client, others recommended to replace all. 

Again, thaanks and regards,

Ed

Hello,

yes, you can install just the client.

If you want the default aircraft raindrops you will also need the content but you don't need the scenery at all.

23 minutes ago, Britjet said:

I have the same problem. I’ve tried everything I can think of without success...

Hi to you too,

When you follow the link from Nick, you will succeed. Let me tell you what I did in some steps:

- First I cleared the shader cache: C:\Users\SIMMER\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders (SIMMER is my PC name)

- Replace the Orbx-ObjectFlow_x64.dll. I have the LATEST version attached to this answer.

FOLDER: C:\Users\SIMMER\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.2.8 (backup the old file and remove it from this folder and load the attached file into that folder)

- I use REX, so for me, I reloaded the REX stuff and all worked fine for ESSA now

And what a beautiful airport it is, made by ORBX FTX, which I visited last weekend and more times a year, with KLM from EHAMand parked as for real too on Gate D64' Hope you will succeed too. Let us know if you did. So good luck and regards,

Ed

Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll

I had to uninstall P3D v4 and install P3D v4.1 because after uninstalling Client v4 and installing Client v4.1
large blue textures appeared in place of the right ones. I reinstalled with FTX Central 3.2.2.8 Orbx FTX Global Base- open Lc EU - Vector-Trees
HD - ESSA - LOWI - KSAN - KJAC - EU England - EU Norway and EU Ireland but on ESSA there is this problem in displaying the
runways while those of LOWI - KSAN - and KJAC are O.K. ESSA and LOWI do not display airside grass even if configured
on FTX Central.

Thanks Ed,

I have done all that and it has fixed the problem with the apron but my HDR lighting is almost a complete white-out now at every airport even on low settings so I have had to revert to the original dll.

thanks anyway!Brit

Hi Brit and Rob. Sorry to hear so. Strange you were not able to solve it. I leave you to the developers for answers. I have made some pictures and attached them overhere. You can see that I love ESSA (again) with this result.

I am curious to hear, what caused your problems. In the meanwhile good luck. And I am sure that you will enjoy all ORBX stuff soon as I did and do now.

Best regards,

Ed

essa1.PNG

essa3.PNG

essa4.PNG

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your post. I also like ESSA and I still remember the show when we first landed in January 1983 with ...- 17 ° C (1F) between the
 walls of snow. I've done so many attempts like, for example, just leaving ESSA and ORBX products on
Layer of P3D v4.1 or create an ESSA Afcad with ADE175 and if traces, signs and lights are correctly displayed, the track asphalt remains
 the Essa Orbx blurred.

Ed,

The latest FTX central 4.1 update didn’t fix it - but running the Vector elevation configuration did.

I found that the white wash-out effect was a side-product of the latest Chaseplane Beta, by the looks of it.

All happy now!

Geat assistance from a fellow simmer - which is what these fora are all about!

Thanks!

Brit

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, Britjet said:

Ed,

The latest FTX central 4.1 update didn’t fix it - but running the Vector elevation configuration did.

I found that the white wash-out effect was a side-product of the latest Chaseplane Beta, by the looks of it.

All happy now!

Geat assistance from a fellow simmer - which is what these fora are all about!

Thanks!

Brit

May I ask what ICAO you used to disable AEC for ESSA? Typing ESSA into the Vector config elevation tool doesn't work for me. 

Archived