LSZA Approach RWY01 - Building in front of RWY

Hanse_Rolf

Hi,

I am using FTX Global Base Pack, openLC Europe and Vector. When I approach LSZA (Lugano / Switzerland) from the south using RWY01 there is a big building just in front of the runway (please see screenshots attached). This building in reality is not available (please see the attached screenshot using Goggle Earth). Is there a way to remove this building? Tips are welcome but please do not tell me to lower the "very dense" setting.......

Regards,

Rolf 

Lugano LSZA Appr RWY01-1.jpg

Lugano LSZA Appr RWY01-2.jpg

Lugano LSZA Appr RWY01-3.jpg

Hello Rolf,

I see you have cliffs at the water's edge, so presumably some addon mesh?

This is what I see, autogen at extremely dense.

Untitled.jpg

If I add Fs Global mesh look what happens.

Untitled.jpg

I still don't have the cliffs at the water's edge but your building appears and the

airport is now raised above the surrounding terrain.

So we have a default airport spoilt by a mesh product that is not made by Orbx.

Hi Nick,

first thanks for the quick answer. In the meantime I found out that there are two possible slutions to my problem. First to lower the autogen building density to "Normal" or (which I prefer) to enlarge the airport ground area using ADE. For the result please see the attached screenshot. This now also looks more realistic to me than the previous one and the high rise building also is gone (even with autogen building density set to "Very Dense").

Regarding "mesh" you are right - I have PILOTS FS Global Ultimate NG installed and they confirm that their mesh is fully compatible with your products. But in case there are problems with certain airports they also offer a tool called PILOTS AFM which I used to adjust the P3D v4 stock airport elevation. As you can also see from my attached screenshot I do not have this problem anymore as shown in your last screenshot. And the cliffs on the lake shore do not bother me and I will also not discuss which elevation is right or wrong e. g. the airport itself, yours or FS Global's.

Regards,

Rolf 

LSZA RWY01 Approach.jpg

Hello Rolf,

The definitive mesh version that is declared compatible with FTX products remains Fs Global 2010.

Adding a higher resolution mesh is not necessarily a bad thing but higher resolution does not necessarily

mean more accurate.

The airport elevation is not so much a question of who is right or wrong, and I would remind you that in

this case, we are looking at a default airport and default mesh as there ia no FTX airport here and no FTX

mesh here either.

The problem, once again is as old as the Microsoft simulator and it is that all the simulated airports are flat.

The nearer the mesh gets to the real world elevation, the worse the airport will look because of course in

the real world very few airports are in fact flat.

The AFM tool does indeed remove the cliffs but it does so at the expense of warping the surrounding terrain

to fit the flat airport, often making the terrain elevation look nothing like the real world and thus defeating the

purpose of the mesh.

Archived