North Germany

gpf3m

Just purchased North and South Germany.  Very pleased with Southern Germany presently.  I do have a question concerning Northern Germany, Berlin specifically.  It appears some major land marks like the TV tower, the Reichstag building and the Brandenburg gate, to name a few are absent.  Any hopes for their inclusion in the future?

Kindest Regards,

Greg

Prepar3d V4.0

4 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

Just purchased North and South Germany.  Very pleased with Southern Germany presently.  I do have a question concerning Northern Germany, Berlin specifically.  It appears some major land marks like the TV tower, the Reichstag building and the Brandenburg gate, to name a few are absent.  Any hopes for their inclusion in the future?

These are all present, probably some of them even by default. Thus there must be something wrong with your installation (maybe an incomplete download?)

Kind regards, Michael

After upgrading to V1.10, In my installation in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY\scenery there is a file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL

Should I leave that one as is and just add the missing .BGL file to it, or must I replace it.

Kind regards Fred

Hi Nick,

No, the by you named file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL.off is NOT present in my installation,

only the file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL.

(Others are of course present with different names, but that is irrelevant at the moment.)

I am running FSX (SP1 + 2)

Fred

Hello Nick,

I am not familiar in that area, but I think you mean the large curved building which probably is a passenger terminal.

No, I don't see that building.

My observations:

- Initial after installation of the update V1.10 GEN, there was only the file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL in the specified scenery folder.

- After copying the patch file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC.BGL into the specified scenery folder,

and placed myself at Tempelhof (EDDI), the file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL was changed into GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL.off.

So now I have in that folder:

-  GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC.BGL and

-  GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL.OFF

During all the steps described above, I placed myself at EDDI, but no curved building can be seen. 

Strange is also that in Map view (F12) the curved building and apron, including some planes can be seen, but not in Cockpit view (F9) neither in Outside view (F11)

System: FSX SP1 SP2 and all display scenery settings as per user guide.

Latest library installed and only FTXAA_ORBXLIBS and FTX_EU_GEN_05, 06, 07 and 08 selected in scenery library.

Any suggestions?

Best regards Fred

Thanks Nick, that makes sense to check. Very good !!

But to be precise:

- We are talking about with and without the patch file: GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC.BGL , right?

- But what about the file GEN_29P_GenObjects_DefaultObjects_PLC_noAcc.BGL.OFF

Is the OFF extension correct?

Regards Fred

Wow...that did the trick for me.

Now I am back at the sutuation after the update V1.10, so the patch was not necessary for me at all.

Now I also understand where ...noAcc... in the filename stands for.

The building at the airport is present, also the Fernsehn Turm and the Branderburger Tor, etc... which are all present now.

Berlin is gordious now with the settings after the update.

Thanks a lot Nick and have a nice weekend.

Fred

Archived