EGSG Stapleford - default airport showing

jamesg

Hi

I have installed EGSG Stapleford into P3Dv4 using FTX Central 3, which confirms the installation was successful, however in the sim the default airfield from FTX EU is showing (see shots below).

I have run the FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool and applied it, but this has not resolved it.  Any suggestions?

2017-9-26_22-24-4-142.jpg

2017-9-26_22-24-8-945.jpg

2017-9-26_22-24-20-244.jpg

Hello,

If the files are present at ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG, then you need to check your scenery library

for FTX_AA_EGSG which should be somewhere above the EU England entries.

You might first run FTX Central and wait for it to activate the Orbx scenery.

It can take up to 10 seconds or so before you see the text at the bottom left of the FTX Central window.

Hi, thanks for your responses.

I can confirm I am opted in for the Objectflow 2 Beta, and that the FTX_AA_EGSG entry (files are present) is above the EU England entries.

I have tried uninstalling EGSG and reinstalling via FTX Central but this didn't resolve.  Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

James

Hello,

Orbx airport installation goes like this:

FTX Central downloads the files and places them into

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\scenery and

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG\texture.

It then writes the following scenery library entry to the simulator scenery library.

The xx values will depend on what is already in the scenery library.

[Area.xx]
Title=FTX_AA_EGSG
Local=ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGSG
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=xx

That's it and it is the same way that airports have been installed since Fs 2002 and for

all I know earlier versions too.

If an airport fails to display, either one or other of the two steps above are not in place, or there is already

something else in the simulator that prevents the new airport from appearing.

One possible cause might be that the new airport has been placed below the default or other existing airport version in the

scenery library.

FTX Central has, on the settings page, an Insertion Point tool.

This should be used to place the FTX icon just below any other addon scenery and the OLC icon just below that.

Click on Save.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as above. I am also using P3Dv4 and I have EU ENG installed. As shown on the above screenshots, a number of items of the EGSG scenery are there. The ground is fine. Also the trees, cars, and static aircraft are present. Even the moving people are there. Just the default buildings are shown.

I have other EU ENG airports installed, like EGTR and EGTH. They are all as they should be.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Robert-Jan

I deactivated the 3 files, and indeed then I saw nothing. Then I did a reinstall, which I had already done earlier already number of times. And hey presto, all the proper buildings are there! Then after activating the 3 files from FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY again, also the elevation was corrected. Now all is fine!

Reading up on that other topic you linked to, it seems I was also missing those 3 files and I guess the installer got updated.

Problem solved!

Regards,

Robert-Jan

Archived