FTX Global not installing

suddste

Hi,

I have an issue on P3D V3 where the FTX Global textures did not install into the sim no matter what I did. So as there were other problems as well I decided it was a good time to upgrade to V4 and install everything on that. FTX Global did not install properly on this either and I have tried everything. I have tried:

Reinstalling all ORBX software

Deleting the texture folder in root of P3D installation folder, then run FTX Central to download and install again, then merge the original P3D files into the textures folder. 

Try and add it to scenery library manually.

None of these work, could someone suggest any other things to try? I thought just copying and replacing the texture files would do it.

Thanks,

Stephen

Transaction ID: 59066dda223f8

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Ok, you should see the four below entries in your scenery library.

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Also please have a look at the below link.

Cheers

Doug

Hi,

I still don't believe that it is installed. I had FTX Global installed before when it worked but it looks different to that. On P3D v3 I installed the ORBX LOWI scenery and thats when it seemed to not work...

Below is my scenery library - you will notice that UK2000 Stanstead Airport is at the top and I can't seem to move it - is it possible that this is interfering with FTX Global?

Thanks,

Stephen

37 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Sorry, I cannot see your scenery library. Do you have the four below entries in your scenery library?

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Hi,

Yes it is in that order as well 

Then Global is installed.

All of your 3rd party non Orbx entries should be at the top of your scenery library, you cannot move these within FTXC3, you can only move scenery library entries with the ingame  method or using Scenery Config Editor. Please review and apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

On 9/20/2017 at 1:04 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Then Global is installed.

All of your 3rd party non Orbx entries should be at the top of your scenery library, you cannot move these within FTXC3, you can only move scenery library entries with the ingame  method or using Scenery Config Editor. Please review and apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hi,

Unfortunately I did all that and it still didn't install, I have no idea what to do next, it all started when I installed ORBX LOWI.. 

• 1 month later...

Archived