Missing Taxiway & Runway textures.

R Smith

Hi.

After installing Orbx global base package alot of my Airports are now missing some of their runway and taxiway textures, I'm using Rex HD airports and have tried reinstalling the textures but they're still not right.

I found this thread

who had the same problem as me and he was told to use FTX aero tool, i've looked around and can't find this tool anywhere.

Can anybody help me please?

orbx: 59ad74d03c627.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was looking online for the program (Face palms), however i've run into another issue, when i try to run Aero i get an error message.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

if you click quit, the application will close immediatley.

Could not find file 'c:\program files (x86)\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scrips\Aero\FTXsettings.xml'."

If i click continue there are no option to select within Aero.

Have you run the "Force Migration" option in FTXC3?

Are the Orbx Libraries installed and up to date?

You can also go to your FSX\Orbx\Trouble Shooter folder and run the "MigrationTroubleShooter.exe" which will reveal if Global Base has installed correctly.

Cheers

Doug

Hi there,

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree because Global Base does nothing at all to the placement of runway/taxiway or other features inside the airport's perimeter fence. Even the Aero tool simply changes some of the colors of the runway textures but not their placement (or lack thereof).

You need to look for airport facility files that change the default airports; it could be individual add-ons for a given airport or AI traffic packs, or other packages that change airport layouts. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *LSGG*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Hi.

I've tried the search you mentioned and it came up with nothing, I've looked at my AI traffic BGLs and can't see any that have any sort of ICAO code in their names, However I'll try and remove all of my AI traffic .BGLS and see if anything changes, surely if it's caused by a traffic bgl it will fix the problem.

However I would like to just point out my airports were perfectly fine before I installed orbx..

Thanks.

Hi,

I would then go to your FSX\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete both the Global Base and Orbx Libs .txt files, this will tell FTXC3 that these products are no longer installed and allow you to reinstall them, then recheck before reinstalling REX.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Holger, Doug & R Smith,

If this is the Default LSGG - Geneva, with  just FTX Global Base, I think it looks about right, if viewed in Google Earth and ADE - the stock FSX airfield (APX49150.bgl).

The airfield has no marked taxiways just the nodes on the grass.  The infield parking adjoining taxiway 5L/23R and surrounding the infield has the crazy but regular shapes where the parking spaces are unmarked leading from the grass taxiway, the taxiway itself is a mown grass surface......  
I think this is unfortunately just the way FSX draws grass taxiway where nodes are layed-in. But then again I could be wrong!

Take a look at my pictures, they seem to tell the correct story at default LSGG Geneva.

8b43d0426bda7b17a966c7c5a0526c6b.jpg

b9218ba17460c8557f13d7d7269600d4.jpg

1857df25333e759cd30bf8f008493a6a.jpg

d1185dcf05c82cd06cea4f930c00f305.jpg

Archived