Windsock graphics/texture messed up

Alex W.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

as I’ve tried the newly installed OrbX EU Germany North scenario, I noticed some messed up windsock graphics in the EU Germany North Scenario – found nearby the runways on EDDB airport (pls. see attched graphic).

I have installed Prepar3D v4 on my computer – together with the sceneries listed below.

1. REX 4 - Texture Direct with Soft Clouds

2. FS Global Ultimate NG

3. Orbx FTX Global Base Pack

4. Orbx FTX Global Vector

5. Orbx FTX Global openLC Europe

6. Orbx FTX Global EU Germany North

7. Orbx FTX Global openLC North America

8. OrbX FTX Global Northerern California

9. Orbx FTX Global Trees HD

When I disable FTX_EU_GEN_05_Scenery in P3Dv4 the faulty Windsock is gone – with the rest of the scenario. I would appreciate any idea to fix this issue. (I have deinstalled Prepar3D incl. all sceneries and add-ons, cleaned up the remaining files and registry entries and re-installed from a scratch - same issue)

Thanks,

Alex

Windsock_EDDB.JPG

Hi Alex, I would like to add my welcome too.

I have had this problem ever since I switched to P3D, and as far as i can see it is a problem at every airstrip in the full fat regions that isn't a separately developed one. 

Although I have been asking on and off about it. I have never had or seen any explanation as to why this is happening.  

Is it a problem with orbx? Or is it a problem with P3D? No one is saying. I would have thought that after all this time there would have been an explanation or fix.

For me, this is the only thing that spoils the experience of flying in the Orbx world. So I sympathise with you. 

You are right of course Nick. I still have V3. However, broken windsocks are well, broken. :( I have set myself the task of flying to and landing at every airfield in the Orbx regions. Over 3500 so far including in FSX. However, in P3D, at every one that has a windsock it has been broken. 

Sorry Nick, there seems to be a misunderstanding.

In my last post I agreed with you that what Alex has found is not like anything I have seen. Plus, I am still using P3Dv3. 

I'm not making a survey, just enjoying the fantastic Orbx world. The fact that the windsocks are broken and don't work as they did in Fsx is just an observation.  And when someone has gone to a lot of trouble to place buildings, aeroplanes etc. etc. it does have a spoiling effect when the most important item is depicted as it is. It must be disappointing for the developers too, I would imagine. Especially after so many versions of P3D.

It would be really nice to have an explanation as to what the problem is and when we can expect a fix.:(

Alex, I'm sorry to have hi-jacked your post. It wasn't my intention to do so. :ph34r:

Thanks for the welcoming Nick & tuisong! The windsock issue is no showstopper, just a bit annoying. And to see that Nick is able to reproduce the same glitch on his system makes me confident that Orbx will find a solution for the issue in one of the next patches. Keep up with your excelent work and I'm happy to see the Germany South addon release in the near future.

Kind regards,

Alex

Archived