How accurate the vector global?

Johnliem

Hello ORBX users

Is there anyone could share her/his opinion about how accurate the vector global is, I fly this morning in south east Asia especially on java Madura, and just take a look how accurate the vector is, as I have been there many times, well I see the big bridge between Java and Madura and also a highway but they are not really as in real world (no expected as google earth), or maybe because so far there is no Asia OLC , yet  or maybe I should check in Europe, any opinion welcome ;-) and thanks

It can be a mixed bag.  I have a lot of bush flying programs and have been flying a lot in very rural areas of South America and Africa the last month or so.  What I've found is many of those areas haven't been touched by Vector at all.  Proof is the water bodies have those jagged edges that you'll find in the default vector.  The Vector program is still a work in progress and I recall a while back iirc it was JV posting there will be several more updates although I don't recall seeing any in a long time.  Obviously going to every little area in the world to make the vector accurate would be a huge undertaking so I'm not complaining about the bush areas, just saying.  

Nick, no doubt you are correct about the lack of good data in very rural areas and this is a major reason for Vector inaccuracy in some locations.  I just wanted to point out that just saying Vector is accurate can be misleading.  It certainly is accurate in different areas.  The road data in my town is more accurate with Vector than with the Orbx region.  That area with OpenLC and Vector is more accurate that UTXv2.  But I think when discussing Vector accuracy in general, to avoid misunderstandings, it should be pointed out that there are many areas specifically at least the very rural areas that might not be accurate.   

Archived