Strange texture problems with waterways and landclass

maunakea

I have included a few screenshots with the coordinates of the exact areas where I'm seeing strange issues.

1st issue is taking off from KMSP, flying westward I see certain waterways where there are some black areas in the water. I have also recalled seeing this in other parts of the world as well. I saw this while flying in the UK with openLC EU and FTX England as well.

2nd issue is I have my sim set to Winter and when I am flying in Germany with openLC EU, FTX Northern Germany, taking off from EDDF and flying north, I encounter various random areas where there seem to be summer/spring textures. So as to why I'm getting these non-winter textures is beyond me. 

2017-8-20_23-13-59-686.jpg

2017-8-20_23-9-11-385.jpg

2017-8-23_20-56-51-229.jpg

2017-8-23_20-56-54-59.jpg

2017-8-23_20-57-28-964.jpg

I have noticed the same water issues but have not done much testing to figure out what the culprit is. I do most of most of my flying in North America and have seen water issues all over... New York, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, etc. 

I am running P3d v4, Orbx global, base, vector, NA open LC

To "maunakea"

The black areas in water are the extraordinarily well documented fault in

the frozen water in winter feature.

If you prefer less detailed seasonal weather, there is a tick box to accommodate

your wish.

An order or transaction number is required for further information.

So there's no permanent solution to the black water? I want to be able to keep my detailed seasonal weather but get rid of the black water showing up at certain places, and does anyone have any ideas for the 2nd solution for non-winter textures to show up while flying in the winter?

Thank you for the order number.

There is no solution to the black shapes in the water other than the one offered.

In the Germany North control panel, you can choose between default seasons

and Orbx seasons.

I would guess that is the reason for the snow in some places and not in others.

Archived