delete and re-install software

Jim Rice

I purchased NZSI, NZNI and Australia and these were installed and worked perfectly. The ORBX folder contained all of the downloaded files. I then purchased Coffs Harbour but this did not download to my FSX using the online method. It said installed ok but my FSX was not updated to show the ORBX Coffs. After several tries I manually downloaded and tried to install... hmmm maybe a mistake. During this period the SI, NI and Aus were showing as upgradeable so I did this also.

Problem. Now the regions now have odd flashing squares of terrain with maybe a mix of FSX and ORBX. The odd areas seem to be the water effect?

Is there a way to delete the installed NZSI, NI and Aus and start again? And any ideas why Coffs Harbour did not install to my FSX. I really don't want to reload FSX......

FSS0351319 2015-02-01 FSS0370067 2015-04-15 refer.

Coffs Harbour.gif

Hi Nick. The Force Migration was not available so I looked at Holgers solution. I had to use his attached Terrain and added/replaced in my FSX folder. I then reinstalled AUS but when I tried it it was showing the same problem as before. The immediate landscape looked very basic FSX and the trees popping up in the landscape as I was landing were very offputing.

I would appreciate any further suggestions. Thanks

Bees knees... Doug's suggestion hit the spot. Reloaded NZSI and AUS and both are working per ORBX as before the problem. Doing NI now but busy server so sloooow.

I'll all reload with Coffs Harbour and hopefully have the same result. I'm travelling to Australia beginning next month with Coffs as the last stop in the flights, should be interesting to make the comparison.

Thanks for all of your help.

Archived