"Chequered" landscapes over USA/Canada

Tobus

I noticed I have a chequered landscape appearance over some parts of the USA and Canada. See screenshots below.

A good place to check is in the vicinity of CJC5 airfield.

The textures appear crisp and ok, no switching or twitching like I normally read on other posts here.

I have Global, Vector, all NA regions and OLC for USA and Europe installed in my FSX:SE.

AMA141-2017-aug-16-001.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-002.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-003.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-004.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-005.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-006.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-007.jpg
AMA141-2017-aug-16-008.jpg

What I've done so far:

-. Deleting the .txt files of libs and all mentioned above from Sim\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder to trigger FTX central into a check/repair reinstall.

- installed through FTX Central above

- From FTX Central I ran the "Force Migration"

- From FTX Central I ran Vector Configuration tool and applied settings.

- Shut FTX Central

- restarted FSX:SE

but to no avail.

Questions:

1- I'm guessing this is not ok, but can anyone confirm?

2- any other things I could try with good margin of succes?

That's pretty close to reality as the attached Google Earth shot shows.  The chequered landscapes are partly a result of the landscape and partly the limitations of landclass where landscapes with similar textures for large areas draw on a predefined set of tiles, that are mixed and matched and turned but limited in number.

The biggest problem with landclass is the finer features such as smaller watercourses, and subtle differences in land quality that shows up as different 'looks' just cannot be duplicated in a package such as OLC.  That would require scenery packages to be just a 100km or so on each side and/or photoreal, but at the same cost and size.  Technology isn't there yet.

Landclass.jpg

Haha, seems I got suckered then ;-).

I'll see if I can find some other space where this happens and not have a real life counter part situation.

Thanks anyway, glad my setup seems to be allright after all.

Archived