England inaccurate

iamgbs

Hi,

I love ORBX products and own many, BUT I was very disappointed in the England product which I purchased last week in that it is very inaccurate for the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area. Many features are simply not there or represented nowhere like they actually look, and that is flying over them at 500'.

For example(s), the Tyne Bridge over the river is a flat road instead of the beautiful iconic bridge which has stood there for many decades; the famous Swingbridge has lost its pontoons; the Sage building across the river in Gateshead is a well-known and visited landmark.

I was so shocked I did not even bother to fly further to see if the world reknown Gatehead Angel of the North is there, or Penshaw Monument, or even Hadrians Wall.

Happy to send you images (ORBX vs Real) on request.

ORBX is not the cheapest, but regarded as the best, which is why I buy it.

Any plans to update this product (and perhaps Scotland and Wales which I also purchased)? I am holding off on Ireland and Northern Ireland as I am not confident that they are any more accurate than England.

Yes I'm also from Newcastle and England does lack many of the iconic landmarks in the area - particularly around the Gateshead / Newcastle Quayside - The Sage, Baltic Flour Mill and many of the bridges (although it does show the Millennium Bridge). The Angel Of The North is on there too if you search it out though.

Hi all,

I recently bought England and being a local lad, I bought Southampton (EGHI) at the same time.  Overall I'm enjoying the scenery but was disappointed with the lack of detailed scenery in the Southampton area.  We haven't got much to be honest but as the Football Stadium is right on the flight path into EGHI, I thought that might have been better replicated either as part of England or as part of the EGHI scenery.  Also, on the opposite side of the river to the stadium, there is just sort of a large blank patch where there should be apartments.  The Guildhall clock tower and a few cruise ships in the docks might have been nice too.   Apart from that, all good.  

Thanks for all your responses. Glad to see the ORBX Team also feel there could be some improvement. Now they are well aware us "UK types" (trying to be politically correct) would like some more accurate details over the whole of (at least) England, I am sure they will do their magic soon.

Phobocop, I was so upset at our Geordie area missing these icons, I didn't go as far as the Angel. Now you say it is there, I will take another flyover.

As I said, great products - only way is up.

Wow!! Thanks for heads-up Nick, and great work Richard!

Just fantastic, and so quickly!

Thank you guys, no Geordie simmer can be unhappy now!

(I was so inspired, I just purchased Ireland and Northern Ireland. So now I have the whole of the British Isles (politically correct I hope)).

Keep up the great work.

Archived