Errors updating ORBX Libs

Gerry23

Dear members, while installing ORBX Libs version July 2017 I received a couple of errors. See below for the messages. The properties of these files are "read only". The mesage "Toegang tot het pad is geweigerd" means "Acces to the path is refused". Would that be the reason why it is not possible to update the files. Hope  someone can find the solution. Best regards Gerry23

orbx libs error 1.JPGorbx libs error 2.JPGorbx libs error 3.JPGorbx libs error 4.JPGorbx libs error 5.JPG

Dear Doug,

I have installedORBS Libs earlier. Because of problems with my sceneries in England and Norway I uninstalled Libs,and reinstalled it a few times. When I uncheck the read only properties to writable no errors appeared during installation

Sorry but I don't know what you mean with the questions "Is this a new install of FSX? and "Is your UAC turned off as it should be?". I installed FTX Global Base, EU England and EU Norway earlier. Except problems with the sceneries I had no problems installing these products. See my topics of the scenery problems on the forum. Maybe you can solve these problems too. 

Best regards

Gerry23

1 hour ago, Gerry23 said:

I uninstalled Libs,and reinstalled it a few times.

Hi Gerry, sorry, I have never seen these errors before so I need to ask questions in order to help you solve these problems. :)

How did you uninstall and reinstall the Libs? 

Is your FSX new, or have you had it installed and running good for awhile?

UAC is "user account control" please make sure this is turned off, as per the below link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jgwD2e1MB8

1 hour ago, Gerry23 said:

When I uncheck the read only properties to writable no errors appeared during installation

Are you still getting the above errors?

Cheers

Doug

Dear Doug,

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted the file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt in the folder FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions and the folder FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS manually. And reinstalled the Libs with FTX central 3. Is there an other way to uninstall and reinstall the Libs? Makes it any difference for the scenery when the excisting files are overwrited when the property is changed from "read only" into "writable".

I installed FSX about five years ago and have no problems.

The UAC is turned off.

best regards
Gerry23

4 hours ago, Gerry23 said:

Makes it any difference for the scenery when the excisting files are overwrited when the property is changed from "read only" into "writable".

On 8/14/2017 at 3:29 PM, Gerry23 said:

When I uncheck the read only properties to writable no errors appeared during installation

Hi Gerry

I don't understand why you are doing this?  There should be no need to change the file properties.

Regards

Doug

4 hours ago, Gerry23 said:

I deleted the file FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt in the folder FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions and the folder FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS manually. And reinstalled the Libs with FTX central 3. Is there an other way to uninstall and reinstall the Libs?

This is correct.

Archived