Lost Farmland

N454MW

Hi, I updated Open LC US through FTX Central recently and lost all the farmland landclass around KLBB Lubbock TX. This is in P3D V3.4. It is now back to the sparse grassland like it was before I bought the Open LC US.   I have checked and made sure that the layers are correct in the scenery library, forced the remigration of the unified lclookup and cleared the temp files through FTX Central.  Is this a bug with the latest update or am I missing something?  Order number for OpenLC US is FSS0507060.

thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

Try and reinstall the Orbx Libs,  So, go to your Sim\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the corresponding .txt file, this will tell FTXC3 that they are no longer installed and allows you to reinstall them.

Cheers

Doug

Yes, I can confirm, I was showing the sparse grassland, but after doing an uninstall and reinstall of OpenLCNA, it is now showing as farmland.

So, click on the uninstall button in FTXC3,

Then go to your P3Dv3\ORBX\FTX_OLC folder and delete the OLC_NA1, OLC_NA2 folders, and the OLC_NA_LIGHTS folder if they are still there,

Then go to your P3Dv3\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_OLC_NA .txt file,

Now reinstall through FTXC3.

Cheers

Doug

It would be easy to let this issue slip away down the running order, but I'm not sure that people realise how serious something like this actually is.
I'm glad that the reinstall trick fixes things, but I'm going to have to point out the elephant in the room.
An ORBX patch (and possibly others too) is corrupting scenery for reasons yet unknown and there is an urgent need to understand exactly what has happened here.
There is a very real danger that many people have paid for scenery and are not seeing it in its intended state, which would be a bit of a shame.
Not every customer frequents these forums and it would seem that many of them who patch up their products might be being unwittingly short changed and never actually know it. No one is familiar with every part of an area the size of America to know if it all looks right or not, but regardless of that the scenery should still work for everyone.
You can bet that if one area of land class has been damaged, there are probably others as yet unoticed that are also up the wall.

Doug, since you had the problem too do you recommend a reinstall of NA Landclass for everyone? Do you think this is a P3D specific issue or could FSX also be impacted?   

Hello Mark.

Instead of uninstalling and then downloading over 27,000 files, try deleting

ORBX\User documents\Versions\FTX_OLC_NA.TXT and

ORBX\User documents\Versions\FTX_OLC_NA1.TXT if it is there.

Then run FTX Central and it will check all your files and only download a tiny percentage

of them and in much less time.

The effect will be the same, the farmland will be back.

1 hour ago, DAVIDF4 said:

Doug, since you had the problem too do you recommend a reinstall of NA Landclass for everyone?

Hi David

No, absolutely not, and Nicks above method is just as effective, I choose the method I did because I wanted to reinstall from a already saved manual downloaded .zip to see if FTXC3 would install a before updated version, but it will not, it will update as it is reinstalling.  I personally don't think it's that big of a deal, it's a hobby. :):) 

Cheers

Doug

I reinstalled before seeing Nick's advice and it fixed the farmland. I'm very lucky my broadband connection just shrugs off that kind of load, but I appreciate that it ties up resources at the other end, so best to keep the downloading at a minimum when possible.
You're right it is just a hobby, but it does seem like a lot of us (maybe it's just me) get pretty angsty about making sure everything is just so (or as close to just so as we can get it) and I know there is great care about attention to detail on the ORBX side.
If something's out of whack it's often an opportunity to learn something new by fixing it.

Archived