Black buildings

Andrew Henry

Purhased ORBX EU England scenery a few hours ago and after a horrendous purchase experience now find the product is extremely poor.

Black buildings everywhere.  When I check the forums I see LOADS of posts on the same subject.  I have tried unticking Direct X 10 ... same

I have tried turning the scenery sliders all the way down and then up again after a restart ... same..

After 8 hours of this I have had enough.. I had a functioning FSX sim platform on my high end gaming PC.. I now have rubbish scenery !!

Please advise today on a fix for this issue or give me a refund and I will uninstall.

Order No

Orbx Simulation Systems Pty Ltd
PO BOX 413 Toowong QLD 4077 Australia
ABN 59 120 838 244

The products you ordered have been added to your account.

Your transaction ID / receipt number is 598ed803308b8.

EU England x1 $28.57 AUD
Total: $28.57 AUD
The total price includes GST for Australian customers.
© Orbx Simulation Systems 2017

RgRbcV1zPkEIAKzE6zgcFDNXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkG

Hello again Andrew,

I see that you have not replied to your topic on how to access and install your new product.

Based on your comments there, it seems unlikely that you have installed either EU England or the Orbx libraries correctly.

Refunds are issued against defective products and EU England is most definitely not defective and indeed, if correctly

installed, is not "extremely poor".

I understand that you probably are feeling frustrated and perhaps angry.

The symptoms you report can all be addressed and these forums are here to help you address them.

I am sorry that you chose instead to waste eight hours of your time.

Hi Andrew.

You will need to install the ORBXLibs available here:  https://orbxdirect.com/support

They provide the textures necessary for scenery objects to display.

Some of the black squares in the scenery may persist if you have DX10 ticked.  If so, you can revert to DX9 or search the forums for Steve's DX10 fixer which should point to a freeware solution.

Let us know how you go.

I have installed the product correctly, the process appeared quite normal.  I then installed the ORBX Libs from the link you suggest.  Again all appeared normal.

I did not reply to my original post on the horrendous purchase process as I found the file eventually and I was kind of busy trying to get this software to work.

So what now ?  uninstall and try it all again ??

x1  

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Black buildings

Hello,

Whatever you want us to see in your last post is not accessible.

Please go to a location of your choice in EU England and take a screen shot

that best illustrates the problem you have.

Please use this guide

to insert that screen shot into a post so that we can see what you are seeing.

At the same time , please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file which you will find at

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks.

Please first start FTX Central and go to the settings page.

Use the Insertion Point tool to move the FTX icon so that it is just below 

the UK 2000 Common Library entry.

Place the OLC icon just below that and click on Save.

It looks as if you have installed two versions of very many English airports, UK 2000

and FTX EU England.

Given that you have so many UK 2000 airports, it might be best just to remove all the

ADE_FTX_ENG_ICAO.BGL

ADE_FTX_ENG_ICAO_CVX.bgl

FTX_ENG_ICAO_objects.bgl

files from ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery to a separate folder.

Though if you do this, you will need Volume 3 of the UK 2000 airports to replace the ones in

the North of England.

The only other way is to go through them all and keep only the ones that are not in

Volumes 1 and 2 or Extreme versions.

That could take a very long time.

You will also need to visit scenery\world\scenery and make sure that there are no conflicting

elevation adjustment files there.

A search of that folder for "EG" should show you them all and then check for ICAO codes again.

Your image that I can now see is of FTX lighting failing to display in Preview Direct X 10 mode.

You can fix this by either not using that mode,

applying the fix in this file at the Avsim library:  shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

or the payware Direct X 10 Fixer.

16 hours ago, Andrew Henry said:

hope you can see this

Orbx2.doc

Classic DX10 ORBX lights problem.  Can be fixed by reverting to DX9 in the Options menu (requires a sim restart)

or downloading the free version of Steve's Fixer files (available from Avsim DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.3  version)

Personally, i would just untick the DX10 preview option in FSX.  Later on when you've got everything working well you can experiment with DX10.

Archived