Product Suggestion

JohnnyJohnJohn

Hey guys -

I have a suggestion for Orbx. I know they are busy and have their product road map out on the plate, but since you did an excellent rendition of Block Island, is there any chance that you all may consider doing Rhode Island airports?  We have a lot of them in this little state, such as Newport, with the historic mansions on Bellevue Avenue and the waterfront district of the historical city along with the famous Cliff Walk, we have Quonset Point as well as Mystery Farm and North Central State.  Lets not forget a full rendition of Westerly State as well! :)  Then of course, there's Providence Theodore Green Airport, or TF Green and the city of Warwick.  Just so much to pack into a tiny state!

It would be awesome to see how Orbx could improve this tiny state of the union, and would LOOOOOVE to see what you folks could do with it along with your talents.  

Thanks so much for being so awesome with your creations, and to do what you guys did with the Fastlane option is just amazing.  Thanks again from a very enthusiastic fan who looks forward to seeing your future developments for Prepar3d V4.   

I think Johnny's been reading my mind - sort of.  My thoughts are about an area just a tad to the west.  Centered on Groton-New London (KGON) is a wonderful area to explore VFR, and would be great with Orbx attention to detail.  I'd ask the team to consider an area bound by the west bank of the Thames river to the west, Rt I95 to the north, the RI/CT border to the east, and just south of Fishers Is to the south.  So, what's here?  The Groton-New London waterfront, including Fort Trumble, the Electric Boat sub building factory, and the old Pfizer plant.  New London Ledge light house.  Fishers Island, with the old coastal defense emplacement, the HCCP, etc.  Mystic Seaport.  Charming Stonington.  Orbx already has two nice freeware airports here (KGON and 0B8), and developing the area around them would be great.  I do not suggest this as freeware -should definitely be a payware product, and of course I'd buy it in an instant.  I'd also go for JohnnyJohnJohn's suggestion in a moment!  There is SO MUCH great scenery, and a ton of history in this whole area.  There is Fort Adams, and old Fort Wright, and the old HCCP at Beavertail Point (now a state park).  All great VFR low and slow points to explore.  Love to see any of it in Orbx future!

Ken

PS.  Also like to see an Orbx remake of Green State (KPVD), but I'm repeating myself.

Well, of course.  Danbury is challenging, and is in a beautiful scenic area near Candlewood Lake.  But then also Bradley (KBDL), the home of FLIGHTSIMCON. I've been pinging on this one for a couple of years.  The best would simply be a full fat region for the Northeast, especially New England.  We can but hope, and ask.  Enough of us have to rally around the suggestion so Orbx will know that it is popular enough to pay for the effort.

Ken 

By the way, JohnnyJohnJohn, Orbx has very nice renditions of Westerly (KWST), Richmond RI (08R), Newport (KUUU), North Central State (KSFZ), and my old home port (USS Wasp, 1971-72) Quonset Point (KOQU).  Rhode Island does have some nice Orbx airports (besides KBID).  I too would like to see Providence (KPVD) - I used to live right next to it.

Archived