Tapini Visual anomaly/Mesh issue

snapshot21

I am having a visual anomaly in the Orbx tapini scenery. This floating dirt runway(?) isnt just visual and is actually solid when I hit it with my airplane. Furthermore, There are some fences and vegetation which are floating. I also tried enabling and disabling the AEC for this airport and it doesnt affect it.

I am using p3dv4 with the beta objectflow. I tried it with and without the freeware mesh by holger and still the same issue.

The only thing addon i have that I think is causing it is the Pilots ultimate ng mesh. 

Are there BGLs in the pilot ng mesh that i can try to disable to try and solve the issue?

Thank you.

tap1.jpg

tap3.jpg

Hi Snapshot,

If you use the Pilots Ultimate mesh, there are some files to disable, see here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/25-faq-answers-to-frequently-asked-questions-here/

4. PILOTS terrain meshes.

This project will work OK with PILOT's FS2010 'FTX' version, but If you use PILOT's Ultimate Oceania you need to deactivate these two files:

FSGUX/OCE/scenery/S09E146.bgl

FSGUX/OCE/scenery/S09E147.bgl

As for the dirt runway in the air, that is not a part of our scenery (we do not use the conventional airport file system to allow the sloped runways to show), have you by any chance installed anything else for PNG (RAW Grit etc?) I also know of some 'add on' airport APX files people have made for PNG that are maybe not compatible.

I suggest searching for TAP or AYTI in your P3D folder and note anything outside of the Orbx folder

Make sure you run the 'Auto Elevation Correction' tool from within the FTX Vector control panel, should be done after any scenery installs usually

As for Global Ultimate NG, Pilot's do not supply us with copies of these products to test unfortunately, Orbx only officially supports FS2010 'FTX' version

You could for testing's sake, untick the OCE entry in the scenery library

Unticking FS Global OCE does fix the problem. Guess I have to contact PILOTS to find out the bgl that corresponds to the location.

My only problem now is that phantom runway in the air lol. 

Thanks for your help tim! ill update you once Pilots replies as a reference for future customers who might have the same problem :) 

EDIT: Good news Tim! The other active thread "Elevation Problem at KBVU former 61B" with duplicate airport issue pointed out fsaerodata. I also had that installed and apparently it made a duplicate TAP airport right near the scenery. That was the phantom runway that I was seeing. I uninstalled the fsaerodata and it is now fixed!

Thanks again for your help! Ill update you once i fix the mesh issue :)  

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Unticking FS Global OCE does fix the problem. Guess I have to contact PILOTS to find out the bgl that corresponds to the location.

fsaerodata

Yes if you could report back with the OCE file name for this area that would be a great help

And great to hear you found the fix for the extra grass runways, I'm actually surprised a program like this would be adding APXs, but placing fsaerodata below the FTX entries in the scenery library might also fix it

• 7 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 1:33 AM, Tim Harris said:

Yes if you could report back with the OCE file name for this area that would be a great help

And great to hear you found the fix for the extra grass runways, I'm actually surprised a program like this would be adding APXs, but placing fsaerodata below the FTX entries in the scenery library might also fix it

Tim, has there been any report back yet on the FS Global files that are affecting the TAP scenery? I am having the floating fence problem as well, and I am using FS Global 2018 mesh. I have read through this entire thread, and my FS Global files are named like snapshots....they all start with DX. I know Orbx scenery was/is only tested with FS Global 2010 FTX mesh, but just wanted to check and see if anyone had reported back with the file names that affect that area in FS Global 2018. 

Hi Sniper, apologies for the delay in getting back to you

Regarding FS2018 (the replacement for FS2010) the files to disable are:

DX087034.bgl

DX087035.bgl

DX088035.bgl

That should return control of the lower peninsular to PNG-Holgermesh and cover the two main areas of AYPY and TAP (The Jungles and The Goilalas)

Cheers, Tim

Archived