G- Sync monitor

I'll be interested in the responses to this as I've just built a new PC and purchased a new Acer X34 GSync monitor.

Currently I"m running P3D with the same recommended gsync settings as other 3D games and it seems fine:

- vsync off in the game

- vsync on in nvidia inspector (or nvidia control panel)

- gsync on for windowed and full screen in nvidia inspector (or nvidia control panel)

(See for example: https://www.howtogeek.com/270672/how-to-enable-optimize-and-tweak-nvidia-g-sync/

But the settings above are recommended on numerous reddits, tech sites, gaming sites etc)

25 minutes ago, paj said:

I'll be interested in the responses to this as I've just built a new PC and purchased a new Acer X34 GSync monitor.

Currently I"m running P3D with the same recommended gsync settings as other 3D games and it seems fine:

- vsync off in the game

- vsync on in nvidia inspector (or nvidia control panel)

- gsync on for windowed and full screen in nvidia inspector (or nvidia control panel)

(See for example: https://www.howtogeek.com/270672/how-to-enable-optimize-and-tweak-nvidia-g-sync/

But the settings above are recommended on numerous reddits, tech sites, gaming sites etc)

Thanks I look forward  to a responses  as well regards stewart

As an owner of a G-Sync monitor I have to admit: I turned all G-Sync features off via nVidia Profile Inspector for Prepar3d. Why is this? The fact that G-Sync only works from 30Hz on upwards is not really good for using it with a flight simulator where you can hardly achieve those 30FPS on a constant basis. My monitor, a Dell S2716DG, is flickering when it switches between G-Sync "on" and "off", which happens as soon as the FPS fluctuate around 30FPS. Short verdict: either you try to have your FPS inside your sim constantly above 30, then you can use the G-Sync feature, or you have to manually turn it off (as I do).

Thanks mine goes up to about 60 and down to about 30 frames at 60 Hz I can also set mine to 30 Hz but I have never tried that ,

I have noticed the difference if my monitor switches from windows mode to full screen mode on G-sync in NVidia control panel and p3d does not perform as well

and I realise and switch it back to windowed mode in NVidia  control panel .

I always run the sim in widowed mode regards stewart  

• 7 months later...
On 03/08/2017 at 8:44 AM, AnkH said:

As an owner of a G-Sync monitor I have to admit: I turned all G-Sync features off via nVidia Profile Inspector for Prepar3d. Why is this? The fact that G-Sync only works from 30Hz on upwards is not really good for using it with a flight simulator where you can hardly achieve those 30FPS on a constant basis. My monitor, a Dell S2716DG, is flickering when it switches between G-Sync "on" and "off", which happens as soon as the FPS fluctuate around 30FPS. Short verdict: either you try to have your FPS inside your sim constantly above 30, then you can use the G-Sync feature, or you have to manually turn it off (as I do).

And you really can't achieve over 30 fps with your hardware ? Lol. Turn your sliders down. Geeze.

LOL? Why LOL? This is simply a matter of priorities. And as it does not really bother me if G-Sync is off around 30FPS, I turn it off to prevent flickering due to the switch between G-Sync on and off. Of course I could aim for 40FPS or even more, but why turning settings down if not really necessary? I use G-Sync for my other games where my FPS are between 60 and 100, for such FPS numbers, G-Sync is a dream. But no way I am going to configure my P3Dv4.2 as such as that it would reach 60FPS, because if, I could have stick with FS9...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree that if you are happy with high graphics settings and 30 fps, that is fine.

But I see so many people with the sliders over to the right and getting 15 to 20 fps..... there are videos all over YouTube, and you see their hardware and I get so miffed.

P3D is so very scalable, so when I read posts that they "cannot get 30 fps", I just roll over in my box and roll my eyes.

I bought a 1080 last month for 600 GBP.... but, I didn't go straight out and "demand" that I should be able to move "all my sliders to the right", and "turn on Dynamic lighting" and "reflections on everything", and THEN moan that I cannot get 60 or 30 FPS or whatever.

I was sensible - started with medium settings, and as soon as I dropped below 60 fps for a particular aircraft, I stopped !

Having expensive hardware, gives no-one the 'right' to demand max settings at 60 fps- this goes for all games - I only run the likes of: "Hitman" and "Ghost Recon Wildlands", at High / Very High settings.... I will look forward to Ultra settings in a few years when hardware is 50 to 75% faster than now. 

As for P3D, I haven't touched Reflections OR Dynamic lighting - I have that to "look forward" to in a couple of years..... and I shall combine that with an increase from 2K to 4K.

Think of the future !

That's all I have to say.

Archived