People flow - disabling to save FPS?

jplum

I'd like to disable people flow for various reasons.

I have FTX Global and England Region.

I can't see any config options within Central 3 to do this.

I know you can with Orbx airports but how do I do this  for the whole of my Orbx Region; England?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Order No: (Regions England): FSS0501399

Hi Jim and welcome to the Orbx world and forums.

Your post title refers to "saving FPS ?". I don't think you are going to get an improvement in FPS by disabling peopleflow as the only real way to gain FPS is by lowering settings or improving your hardware.

The main resource hogs on a sim are the LOD, your graphics settings , weather settings and ai traffic including road traffic.

Don't know what sim you fly nor do I know your PC specs.

Anyway, I will leave the answer to how to disable peopleflow totally to a more well informed Orbx rep.

Hi,
Except for 1 windsock at a glider field near the Derwent Dam, there is no use of Object Flow into FTX England and FTX Global products. Therefore you can inactivate it manually by removing or renaminh the dll but you won't save any extra performance. You have to investigate about both addons you are using and your hardware

Yes,
You can remove the entry from dll.xml. I just want to warn you if you modify any parts of ORBXlibs, no support is available in case things turn wrong

I've tried that Richard. But I still have people walking about on Region: England airfields. 

I don't have any Orbx Airfileds installed such as Southampton, Compton Abbas, etc JUST 

FTX Global

and

Region: England.

Hello,

As Richard said, very little is linked to objectflow in the regions airports.

Moving people are often animated models which are present regardless,

as they are part of the airport model.

To remove them, I think you would need to manually edit every airport and at the end, 

there would be no gain.

Hi Nick and thanks for answering this.

Main reason I want to do this is at my home airport there's a people flow (or model, as you say) walking about on the Runway.

Rather detracts from the immersion!

I'm familiar with ADE, etc but do not wish to be in contravention of the Orbx EULA.

Just hoped there was some easy thing to do.

Archived